Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer Skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Is anyone interested in planning (or already planning) a trip in the summer ski season in Les Deux Alpes? The glacier is open from 16th June until 28th August and has 11 runs (8 blue, 2 green, 1 red). I am starting to look into accomodation and travel options for around 4 days out there early July before the school holidays kick in. I am a (young) 44 year old skier and would also be interested in mountain biking out there in the afternoons when the slopes close around 1pm.

Regards,
Tony
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Soloskier, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead Very good idea. We were there last June, on a summer training camp run by Charlotte Swift (easiski on snowheads) and Rick Schnellman (Fastman on snowheads). It was great, but all our fine ideas about biking and swimming and hiking in the afternoons came to naught after being up at sparrows to fight the racers up the mountain and then have 3 hours intensive tuition at that rarified altitude. snowHead We mostly had a siesta, followed by a few beers. Or sometimes a few beers followed by a siesta.

have a look at http://easiski.com/summer.html

I think Charlotte might be planning something for this summer - and her tuition comes highly recommended by many Snowheads (as does Fastman's, though he's unlikely to be in Europe this summer I think).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Soloskier, Indeed there will be a core skills camp this summer in weeks 27th June and 3rd July. Fastman is unable to come over this year though. Sad Butterfly is coming over with Mr Butterfly for the first week, so that's some company already. Very Happy In any case there are likely to be several snowheads around whenever.

LDA is great in the summer, and I'm not sure when Fragy is coming out but he's a demon mountain biker and can tell you more about that.

pam w, You got 4 hours! Confused
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

You got 4 hours!

No wonder we were too worn out for mountain-biking! snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the info, is the core skills camp an organised trip with accomodation or just a tuition group anyone can apply to take part in whilst out there? Also as I have not been to Les Deux Alpes before can anyone recommend a hotel or apartments convenient for the lifts. Final question - regarding travel to the area I noticed Easyjet stop flying to Grenoble after April so I was thinking of booking Eurostar to Paris and then TGV to Grenoble, would that be the best option? BTW a siesta followed by beers sounds good to me and I agree mountain biking after being up before the rooster to ski might be a bit ambitious!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Soloskier, all those questions - and more - can best be answered by Charlotte, who has no doubt been out skiing all day, but will soon be around. if not, send her an email - see easiski.com
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd be interested depending on cost and the time of travel as I have a few exams around that time!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Soloskier, The answer is either! Lots of accommodation suggestions, but if open early then I really recommend the Lutins for cheap but very friendly B & B and then (if on a budget - who isn't?) eat every night at Il Caminetto for €15 pp/pn for 3 course, fixed menu. Alternatively there are plenty of apartments available at very reasonable rates, send me a PM or look on my website to email - there's a page with apartments available there as well. Train sounds a very good option. Butterfly got very good deals last week.

milnerhome, I will be getting costs on the website soon now, but basically liftpasses at cost + accommodation to suit + lessons at the standard rate of €180 pp/pw.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, Thanks for that, is there an option without lessons?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
milnerhome, that one I can answer..... of course there's an option without lessons. Anyone is entirely free to buy a plane or train ticket, book into a hotel or rent an apartment in Les Deux Alpes without having lessons! However, it's much better with - there will probably not be a huge amount of space for people to just cruise around. The space on the glacier is limited and there is a lot of race training going on on the glacier. I suppose you could just potter around on your own but, frankly, there wouldn't be that much point. A group of us had 4 hours of lessons each day for a week last year - mostly on one piste which provided the right kind of terrain for us to explore balance etc (ie easy terrain, well within our ability to ski, so that we could work on subtle technical things which would have been completely beyond us on a difficult piste). It was fantastic - but how boring would that be without the learning?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w,
The lessons sound interesting but the last time I had lesson's I got really bored so I said to myself I wouldn't do it again. The little bits of technique were good but I'm one of those people who just like to ski where and what they want rolling eyes and it got a bit frustrating for me. I'll have a think.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
milnerhome, well if you get bored with good lessons (were they good ones? lots aren't) I suspect you'd get even more bored with going round the same few pistes all the time. There really isn't a great deal of "cruising" space up on the glacier because much of the terrain is taken up by the race training. Obviously lessons aren't for everyone - you do need to keep working away at the technical skills and if you're quite happy with the way you ski and don't want to improve, then why bother? Lots of people give up lessons after their first week and still enjoy their skiing.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w,
It was on a school trip a bit ago, me and a friend had come ready for the powder and all we were doing was skiing in the group watching the snow falling and looking at amazing lines which we couldn't do as we were bound to the group Sad so I would say my dislike for lesson's is more out of frustration than a bad lesson.

If I can afford it then I will book in for lessons as I get what your saying about there not being much space on the glacier, also it helps iron out any bad habits I've got Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
milnerhome, well I'm sure you would have known well in advance that you weren't going to be allowed off with your mate chasing new lines through the powder on a school trip!! That's really not an option on the glacier in June, either - you need to pretty well stay on the piste or risk falling down a crevasse! But if you had lessons with Charlotte she'd certainly show you whatever terrain was available and safe; she knows the whole area like the back of her hand and likes taking even beginners "off piste" when possible.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've just come back from L2D and would be interested in returning - email the details scouselibby@hotmail.com
Cheers Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy