Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

cheap accomodation when driving to Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks,

have done the drive to chamonix from the UK a few times but never bothered stopping overnight. this time would like to bunk up an hour-ish away (salanches direction) in order to arrive and ski first thing the next morning. Anyone got any suggestions?

(and yes I've tried the search option but nothing found answers this particular question Sad )

Thanks for the help in advance Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the F1 hotel chain is usually the cheapest. I don't think there's one in Sallanches and the Ibis there is not v cheap. But there's a F1 in Annemasse, which is only a bit further away, and straight along the motorway. http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-2421-formule-1-hotelf1-annemasse/index.shtml
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, cheers, will check that out
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's an ETAP in Annemasse which is pretty close to the Autoroute Blanche. I think its a better option than Formula 1 as you get basically the same room (double bed, single bunk over) but with the addition of a pod type shower room/toilet. When the kids were small we used to get all four of us in one room - my wife and both kids in the double with me on the bunk. In a Formula 1 you have to toddle down the corridor in the middle of the night if you need a pee! Pricing a bit higher but still a pretty good deal.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
of course, none of those places is nearly as good a deal for 1 person as it is for 4. Sad Yes, Annemasse is right next to the motorway.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy