Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arabba to Corvara

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m looking to stay in Arraba next winter as there seems to be more accommodation options with UK tour operators than there is for Corvara. However being a beginner, I want to do most of my skiing around Corvara. Is there a ski bus that goes between Arraba and Corvara and if so how frequent is it and what are the prices. I have searched on the Alta Badia web site and can see no reference to ski busses whatsoever. Anyone have a link to this information? Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jimmybog, can't help with the link from arraba, but have you looked at Colletts who have a chalet in Corvara and transfers are included, so so all you need to do DIY is the flight. They come recommneded here and we are out there on Saturday Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In general the ski buses cover links where you can't get across on skis, and as Corvara and Arraba are well connected I would be surprised if there were a ski bus. There is a normal scheduled bus service but I really would not recommend relying on that as way of going skiing. If you want to ski Corvara area (which does have lots of easy stuff) another option could be the Mountainsun Chalet/Hotel at San Cassiano, which is the other side of the same area, lift linked, with blues connecting. Arraba is really nice, but the runs are steeper there, mainly reds.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is a long time since I skied in the Dolomites, however I did stay in Arabba on a summer walking week about three years ago.

As a beginner you may not appreciate that villages that are easily linked by pistes, may be a very long way apart when it comes to travelling by road, in terms of time as well as distance. When I stayed in Arabba in the summer we did use a coach to take us to the start of a walk in the direction of Corvara. The road was quite narrow and tortuous as I recall and I suspect could easily be cut off after a fresh snowfall even if only temporarily.

Far better in my view to see if you can cope with Arabba, or followRobinS's suggestion and stay elsewhere. I would however thoroughly recommend the Dolomites particularly for a beginner or intermediate skier.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very much endorse Collett's as being a very good company - been our favoured hosts of choice for the Christmas Holiday for the past five years. They have bases in both Arabba and Covara - we have used their Haus Valentine in Pedraces and love it to bits. Smile

There is a good lift out of Arabba and a choice of blue or red run down to Covara. You could also go up to the Prolongia - lots of rolling blues and nice reds. Covara has some lovely runs and the trip up to Colfosco Bowl is a must. Getting back over to Arabba after being Covara is the Boe gondola; there are several (quite steep) reds back down to Arabba. A good tip is to take the left piste after coming out of the boe (as if back to Covara) but just past the big rock outcrop there is a right off the main piste(don't miss it or you're back down to the bottom of the boe) this red cuts out the steepest parts of the drop back into arabba. Also avoids the Italians who seem to choose to stop on the steepest part of the piste taking mobile phone calls Happy

You will love the Dolomites - just wish I was there now. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the replies. I will definately take a look at Collets especially their chalet in Corvara. I did think of booking all the flights and hotels myself but the airport transfer part is the real pain. I should really check the hotel websites to see if any of them include or provide a transfer service. I don't mind using a bus transfer but there only seems to be a few a day from all the airports. I just can't do all the hanging about thing and also I can't really allow for the flights being delayed. Thats why I like the collets chalet as it provides transfers to and from Venice airport.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jimmybog, Just got back last weekend from Arabba. I never used the bus but someone in the hotel I spoke did on a semi frequent basis. It's a regular service and costs either 2 or 4 Euro each way. I think it's 2 Euro but can't remember what he said.

As mentioned the main run back to Arabba is a blue (I think it's called Rientro), however there are a couple of steepish reds before this to get to the start of this blue run near the Plan Boe restaurant. As a beginner I think you may find these reds scary/difficult especially if they get busy and as also mentioned I also opt for the quieter red around the rocky outcrop.

Neilson also offer packages to Corvara but may be a little more expensive than Collets.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
San Cassiano, immediately on the piste with gondola lift below; easy access to Corvara in two lifts and fab place to stay for beginners as a long blue run leads right to the chalet door Smile www.mountainsunltd.com/chalet/albergo-frohsinn
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy