Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2010 Vancouver Paralympic Games

Poster: A snowHead
Just over a week to go until the 2010 Vancouver Paralympic Games. The Opening Ceremony is on the 12th March.
meet the GB Paralympic Vancouver 2010 Ski Team here:

http://youtube.com/v/yotiOvbphKI
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SaraJ, a great clip! I wish them all the best of luck!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sean Rose got bronze in Super G in Aspen World Cup races and is overall World Cup 3rd in the points standing for Downhill.
More info here: http://britishdisabledskiteam.co.uk/default.aspx
Roll on Vancouver...
Very Happy
I've no idea what the TV coverage will be like in the UK but there will be coverage over the internet on www.paralympicsport.tv
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SaraJ, Thanks for that link Sara. I was wondering what they would show. Eurosport usually does cover some of the winter paralympics, but I get the impression more because it does not have anything else at the time.

Dwarf Vader posted the program in response to my question as to how much coverage he will be doing. He won't sadly as he is skiing that period. Will you take over his duties? You have all the right connections! snowHead

Sue wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Opening ceremony tonight... Men's Downhill tomorrow... Sean Rose and Russell Docker will be competing in the Men's Downhill Sitting category. And, rumour has it, it will be shown live on British Eurosport at 19:30. Hurrah!
More info here: http://britishdisabledskiteam.co.uk/default.aspx
And follow them on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/British-Disabled-Ski-Team/31233064147?ref=ts

Samerberg Sue, Not sure if I'll be able to match Dwarf Vader's standards of efficiency, speed of posting and accuracy but I'll keep this thread updated as best I can!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SaraJ, thanks for all the links. they did say the alpine events would be shown. Very Happy Nice little trailer this morning.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Alpine Skiing schedule has been revised due to the weather... This time too much snow!
Both Men's and Women's Slalom today. Look out for Kelly Gallagher in Women's Visually Impaired, Jane Sowerby and Anna Turney in Women's Sitting, Sean Rose, Russel Docker, Tim Farr, Talan Skeels-Piggins in Men's Sitting.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Watched the first run, now watching the second run. These peeps are amazing. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is there any coverage of the games on the BBC? I'm always impressed seeing people sitting and skiing when they speed past me - I was wondering what the racing would be like!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great Britain and Northern Ireland achieve 3 top tens in the opening slalom races...
Kelly Gallagher and Claire Robb (Kelly's guide) came 6th in the Women's Visual Impaired category, Anna Turney came 6th in the Women's Sitting category and Sean Rose was 8th in the Men's Sitting.
Tim Farr was 20th and Talan Skeels-Piggins was 31st.

You can find a full report here : http://britishdisabledskiteam.co.uk/default.aspx

Team GB's next races will be GS on Tuesday.

tallman, I don't know about coverage on BBC, I can't get it where I am, so haven't looked. Eurosport are showing some events. I've been watching over the internet via www.paralympicsport.tv
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GS for Team GB today...
First race at 1800 GMT for Kelly Gallagher in the Women's VI category. Followed by Jane Sowerby and Anna Turney in the Women's Sitting category, then Sean Rose, Tim Farr, Talan Skeels-Piggins and Russell Docker int eh Men's Sitting.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
wow
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SaraJ, they are showing some of the races on Eurosport, but as far as I can see there is no real BBC coverage. Remember the Beeb were lambasted here for their coverage of the able-bodied Winter Olympics!

Germany is showing some of the races, so far they have won at least 4 gold medals! But even here the coverage is patchy to say the least.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hideous conditions for the guys in the GS yesterday. Raining all day , crazy rutted run, visibility coming and going - a nightmare for everyone!
Congratulations to Kelly Gallagher with her guide, Claire Robb who came 4th in the Women's VI.
Women's Sitting: Jane Sowerby was out in the first run, Anna Turney fought a good fight, fell twice and DNF her second run Crying or Very sad
Men's Sitting: Sean Rose, 1st run, the guy skiing before him lost his ski, the Starter allowed Sean to start before the course was clear, he was stopped and got a re-run. Second run skiing well, looking good was DSQ at the last gate Crying or Very sad
Talan Skeels-Piggins came 15th. Hurrah! Very Happy
Tim Farr DNF 2nd run, Russell Docker DNF 1st run.

Downhill on Thursday... Come on, Sean, show us what you can do!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SaraJ, Sounds horrid, well done to all of them. Unfortunately I didn't have time to watch it. Hoping for more time tomorrow! I appreciate your reports and also the facebook links, and I'm rushed at the mo and it's keeping me up to date.

I saw a sitskier in our snowpark this afternoon - I was astonished - s/he (couldn't see) jumped off the edge of the small spine! Staggering - respect. Very Happy
ski holidays
Downhill today: Sean Rose start number 4, Russell Docker start number 24. Scheduled to start at 12:33 Whistler time.
ski holidays
It seems that some nations that didnt/dont feature on the regular FIS tour (Japan, Slovakia, Spain) are very well represented in the paralympics skiing events.

I wonder if this is incidental, a concerted effort by some associations to harvest medals by investing in the para versions of snowsports or perhaps those nations are indeed well represented on other tours Im not so aware of?

Either way, Ive loved watching the phenomenol efforts of the paralympics pretty much as well as the regular games.
ski holidays
7th for Sean in the downhill. Russell missed a gate and was DSQ.
In Super G Talan Skeels-Piggins came 25th, Russell Docker was 29th and unfortunately, Sean Rose lost his ski after a couple of gates and crashed out of the course.
Sean will be competing in the Super Combined (slalom/super G) later on today.
Full report here: http://britishdisabledskiteam.co.uk/default.aspx
latest report
1 Silver and 3 bronze to the aussies now Milto has retired to other pursuits...

Good Effort by Marty Mayberry, Cameron Rahles-Rahbula, and Jessica Gallagher.

Well done guys and gals!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy