Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booked for Cervinia....

Poster: A snowHead
Going out 26th December. Anyone got any experience of Cervinia? (the trip report sounds good). Our accomodation looks a bit hit and miss on tripadvisor - hoping the s isn't silent in hit wink

ps we binned the Bormio plans, it was going to be waaaay to much of a faff.

Ta, kids Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chrisdavis, great place and a good chioce for Crimbo. Whats the accom in question?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
red 27, Club Hotel Petit Palais. Think it's a does what it says on the tin situation...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
chrisdavis, I don't know it, "Club Hotels" are normally hite with your silent 's'. Hopefully yours won't be a T.Op. place run by 17 y.old 'seasonaires'

I've stayed in a 2* Italian hotel in Cervinia and although it was of course functional the food was amazing (if unusual) home cooked proper Italian grub "like-a mamma-used-to-make-a"
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
red 27, the food seems to be one of the problems people have had - although some seem to love it. It's flying, and is cheaper than our usual coach trip to Courmayeur (which is only 5 days/5 nights this year cos of the hokey Christmas departure dates). 2 for 1 lift pass, too... Very Happy .
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
chrisdavis, The location is just about as good as it gets in Cervinia i.e. it's close to the cable car station so you don't have to negotiate the notorious steep walk up in the morning. When we were there, the food was pretty dire but that appeared to be down to the chef. We were also in Sestriere that year with the same TO (Crystal) and the food was very good: same menu – different chef.

The actual room accommodation was fine.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jtr, that's great! Any tips for places to eat on our chefs night off?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think I've stayed at that hotel, It looks kind of familiar. Was it run by a scottish couple one season??

On chefs night off I'm sure we got a takeaway pizza and ate it in the hotel bar.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chrisdavis wrote:

No recent experience. We were there in 2005 and just wandered into town and stopped at wherever looked OK; there are plenty of places.

One word of advice. If you go down to the town and the rest of the family (4 in my case) ask you to bring back bottles of coke, water etc, tell them to come along with you. The hill and the steps back up to the cable car station and then to the hotel will test your fitness when carrying a rucksack with 4 x 2 litres of drinks at what is a pretty high altitude Embarassed
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jtr wrote:
chrisdavis wrote:

No recent experience. We were there in 2005 and just wandered into town and stopped at wherever looked OK; there are plenty of places.

One word of advice. If you go down to the town and the rest of the family (4 in my case) ask you to bring back bottles of coke, water etc, tell them to come along with you. The hill and the steps back up to the cable car station and then to the hotel will test your fitness when carrying a rucksack with 4 x 2 litres of drinks at what is a pretty high altitude Embarassed

Ouch! Cheers for the info Cool
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
prog99 wrote:
I think I've stayed at that hotel, It looks kind of familiar. Was it run by a scottish couple one season??

On chefs night off I'm sure we got a takeaway pizza and ate it in the hotel bar.

Like your style wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
chrisdavis, 'Nuit et Jour' on the main street if you like steak. The guy who runs it is quite a character and a ski instructor too
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
red 27 wrote:
chrisdavis, 'Nuit et Jour' on the main street if you like steak. The guy who runs it is quite a character and a ski instructor too

Splendid!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For on-piste dining in Cervinia, you cannot beat Chalet Etoile. Probably the best mountain restaurant in the world?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Simples wrote:
For on-piste dining in Cervinia, you cannot beat Chalet Etoile. Probably the best mountain restaurant in the world?

Cool
snow report
We stayed at the Petit Palais this year - people were complaining about the food but I thought it was fine - the coffee was a bit ropey at breakfast, but hey it's Italy, stop for a nice one on the mountain! To be honest it isn't up to the standards of some of the more expensive places I've stayed but I didn't expect it to be and the food was still better than anything I cook, I'll ask one of the others where we ate out on the chef's night as it was very nice.
snow report
fs wrote:
We stayed at the Petit Palais this year - people were complaining about the food but I thought it was fine - the coffee was a bit ropey at breakfast, but hey it's Italy, stop for a nice one on the mountain! To be honest it isn't up to the standards of some of the more expensive places I've stayed but I didn't expect it to be and the food was still better than anything I cook, I'll ask one of the others where we ate out on the chef's night as it was very nice.

Great, thanks for that!

Thanks for the replies so far everyone Cool
snow report
red 27 wrote:

That was the best piece of advice I've ever had!! We had a great meal there - fantastic restaurant. We also picked up a free bottle of Pinot Grigio from Luca, cos we won the Crystal Quiz the night before Cool .

Had a great week in Cervinia - the weather, snow and skiing were all excellent. The Petit Palais wasn't bad at all....there was an outbreak of vomiting, but that may have been down to the free shots on New Year's Eve.
latest report
chrisdavis wrote:
red 27 wrote:

That was the best piece of advice I've ever had!! We had a great meal there - fantastic restaurant. We also picked up a free bottle of Pinot Grigio from Luca, cos we won the Crystal Quiz the night before Cool .

Had a great week in Cervinia - the weather, snow and skiing were all excellent. The Petit Palais wasn't bad at all....there was an outbreak of vomiting, but that may have been down to the free shots on New Year's Eve.

Glad to hear that. We're heading to the Petit Palais with a group of 20 on Sunday!
latest report
chrisdavis, Ha! That's good to hear! Brings back many happy memories thinking about that place...

I was chatting about that place with my ski mates over xmas and we all remember it so well. When we asked for the wine list he just said "I am the wine list" Laughing What a character. The classic good restaurant, a limited menu - cos they stick to what they know and what they do best!

I must get back there myself next year, great place
snow conditions
Jumper wrote:
Glad to hear that. We're heading to the Petit Palais with a group of 20 on Sunday!

Regarding the vomiting - it may be wise to pack some probiotics, just in case wink .
And don't miss the last lift back from Zermatt, one guy did - and he had to pay for a night's hotel there..........and buy a pair of shoes Laughing Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy