Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PdS for an improving beginner

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So we're off to Avoriaz in a couple of weeks and whilst I'm a intermediate snowboarder I'm more interested spending time on runs that'll get my wife hooked on skiing once and for all. Call it an investment in furture holidays/eventual holiday home.

She's done 2.5 weeks, but is a timid skier (having proven she breaks easily on her first skiing holiday and our first snowboarding holiday, its a wonder she ever went back at all) so still prefers long greens and easy blues, generally sending me out first to make sure there are no nasty surprises. We might just about manage the odd easy red, but it'll take a few days before she finds her feet again.

Last year we were in Val d'isere and they had a perfect group of long greens between Val and Tignes and group of easy blues in the bowl between Solaise and the Glacier. Anything like this in PdS, the piste map's so vast it's hard to tell. Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try the runs down Linderets. Easy runs, trees, picturesque, lots of restuarants. All the right ingredients, she will love it. Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I learnt to ski (still learning... will be for a long time) in Morzine and made it over to Avoriaz, I have also been to Espace Killy. I think its farely well documented that the EK greens and blues are generally a little harder than similarly graded runs in other domains, I certainly thought the greens in EK were equivalent to many of the blues I had skied in PDS. I would imagine she will have a great time!

There are loads of long meandering runs in Avoriaz (and Morzine / Les Gets) to build confidence! Only difference from memory is that they dont have as many motorway wide pistes!

I'm sure someone will recommend individual runs shortly... I'm heading out to La Chapelle on Sunday for a week so if I come accross something appropriate I'll put it up on here!

Have a great time!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ishay, do you mean the "ski-tranquille" areas in Tignes/Val?

I've been to PdS/Avoriaz a couple of times and don't recall seeing any similar areas ... but don't worry, there are a vast array of cruisey blues, so you'll have absolutely no problems.

In fact you'll be able to get around most of the area without getting stuck on anything too tricky - it seems a great place for high mileage easy skiing.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry, forgot to say that I'd also agree with Bambi on ice that Tignes/Val seemed to be a 'steeper' resort.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
abj, Yes I did mean ski-tranquille; forgot that's what it was marked as on the piste map

She won't need anything quite so deliberately for beginners, although as BergenBergen, says those greens seemed remarkably like blue runs to me anyway, especially up the top coming off the lift.

Groups of blues that can be repeated a few times without getting totally bored is the name of the game I think.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy