Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

World class resorts suggestion?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
They let me in so they can't be that fussy.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
saikee,

another vote for Yad Moss as a world class resort.

Where else is just 2-3 hours drive from my house?

I love the exquisite food at Westmoreland Services - for tasty snacks en route to the pistes, as fantastic fare to be nibbled on the Poma and then enjoyed as a full self-service experience on the way home. A selection of cheese can be bought to enjoy for weeks afterwards. (Stinking Bishop and funny Blue sheeps cheese from up North).

On piste on can swap oil stains on jackets- 'who has the biggest' and for the true off piste expert there is always hidden and almost mythical treasure of 'THE COMPOSTING KAZHI'.

As for exclusive property Alston has a fine selection of barns ripe to be converted into luxurious ski pads- I hear Branson has converted one- The Buzzards Eyrie which is avaliable to groups of 20 with staff including ; personal chef, executive chef, chief sheep shearer, rat catcher, bailer twine sorter and beer taster- a snip at £50k the week.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ed123,classic Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ed123,

The last time I skied Yad Moss was after going to St Moritz.

Since then I have visited Cortina Ampezzo in Dolomites and then Aspen in Colorado. Actually I did find the Yad Moss's hole over a sepic tank arrangement repeated in Vail (of Colorado) too. Haven't found a world class resort having only one drag lift yet but Lagalb of Diavolezza (of St Moritz) came pretty close as it has only one chairlift and it is a cable car.

The self catering arrangement in Yad Moss mountain top restaurant is indeed copied by Vail too except they provide a BBQ facility too so some skiers brought table cloth, wine, cheese, pork chops and sausages up there to cook for themselves. This is not as classic as eating crisps off the rucksack for lunch.

Aspen is trying hard to make its skiing as exclusive as Yad Moss too so it has even less skiers on the piste, despite handing out free coffee.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kel wrote:
uktrailmonster,

You know what, so do I. But we were were going away with friends of our's who are newbies and Bansko fit the bill. Why go to a 300km mountain when 65 is more than enough and pay 3 times the price !!. I do feel it get's a lot of bad press some warranted but a lot not.

Think we had a good week by all accounts, fresh powder every day help's detract from the building site of a town. Also their really are some excellent places to eat in the town if you take the time to find them.

Fresh powder every day makes up for almost anything in my book. As for 300 v 65 km, I gave up counting piste km years ago. If you judged resorts on sheer size, you'd probably conclude that the 3Vs was the best place in the World to ski.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
uktrailmonster, I think you could probably find fresh powder most days in the right bar just about anywhere.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
uktrailmonster wrote:

Fresh powder every day makes up for almost anything in my book. As for 300 v 65 km, I gave up counting piste km years ago. If you judged resorts on sheer size, you'd probably conclude that the 3Vs was the best place in the World to ski.

Agreed Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
anywhere that bills itself as a "world class resort" gets a black mark against it in my book (which can be overcome by great skiing)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy