Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morillon 1100

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks

I know there are other write ups on Morillon 1100 on here but they mainly focus on the skiing. I am thinking of getting a self catered apartment here at Easter and need to know what the restaurant/bar situation is like in 1100... Is it non existent? Or would we find enough restaurants to keep us occupied for the week? Is there a decent bar here?

Cheers folks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AlpineAddict, we skied there last season and there appeared to be a couple of restaurants (one of which was taking dinner reservations every lunchtime when we were there, and from the French too), a bar or two (didn't use them in the evening so no idea if 'decent'), a small supermarket, ski shops etc. Not a bustling metropolis, but the other side of being there is the very convenient skiing from that point. To get down to the village is either a drive down the winding road or take the gondola - about 8 minutes. In the evening I think you would have to drive if you wanted more dining /drinking options, as the gondola closes around 5 pm
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anniepen, is right... not much to add really..................... everyone I've spoken to who hasstayed in 1100 has enjoyed it!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thx for this folks.. I have skied here many times but always stayed in Samoens or Les Carroz. Thought 1100 might be an alternative as wanted to try SC holiday instead of catered, however with only a couple of restaurants and no car with us, I might have to think again...

Thx agin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AlpineAddict, if it's this area that you want, there are various self-catered options which may fit the bill (dependent on what that is in terms of numbers, requirements etc Very Happy ). Drop me a PM if I can help
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AlpineAddict, if you are going for self-catering then maybe Morillon Village would be a better destination than Morillon 1100? A good little selection of shops, restaurants and the odd bar as well. There also seems to be quite a bit of accommodation there as well.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stayed in Morillon 1100 a couple of season ago in a self-catered apartment. There are a few restaurants and bars (including the ubiquitous English pub) but not a massive selection. The restaurant by the supermarket (opposite Intersport?) looked really good but was always fully booked when we were there. We also ate at the pizza place right by the bottom of the lifts which did good great pizzas as well as other standard Alpine fare (fondues, raclettes, etc). The best meal of the week was lunch at the Gite de Lac de Gers halfway down the Cascades piste in Flaine. Not the greatest run in the world but worth it for the food.

The supermarket in Morillon 1100 is reasonably well stocked so you can generally cook up something pretty good in the apartment if needs be. Oh, and taxis down to Morillon Village are tres cher which limits visits down there for supper.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy