Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Duty free in Andorra?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know how much discount is available on cameras? I'm off there this Sunday, I want to buy a camera but I can also access 1 from U.S. Which is best?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Michael B, Andorra offers substantial discount, though I could not qualify that in actual percentages. A Sony DSCT1.CEH camera was at this exact time last year, about £349.95 in the UK and was bought for over £140.00 cheaper in Andorra. If you are going to Andorra and find the camera that you want, then you will save on shipping and remember, a camera, if shipped from the USA means you will also have to pay import duty and VAT.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
all i know is a 3l bottle of Jack Daniels was a very delicious 36e and 200 Marlboro lights were 18e! Cameras were cheap and all! Have fun
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Isn't there a limit on the value of the electrical stuff you bring back to the UK before you have to pay import duty though? £140 rings a bell in my head, though I am not sure why...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
magicrichard, tecnically you have to pay duty when you re enter the EU, not between EU countries so you should pay on the border of either France or Spain of course if no one there is worried and often they don't seem to be then theoretically you should pay on your entry to the UK but unless you have a lot of goods you will probably get away with it.

I notice a similar effect going from France to Switzerland and back by train, whilst passport control may check me going from France to Switzerland I usually find the customs posts are shut during the stupid hours I travel
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
magicrichard, yeah ur sposed to pay tax, but ive been to Andorra 4 times, mostly stocked with loads of duty free and ive never been stopped. Theres notices at Toulouse airport, but not even the check in staff bother mentionning it.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've driven to Andorra in the summer, and have a very different experience of enforcement by French and Spanish customs. Our car was thoroughly searched at the Spanish border when we left Andorra. Later, we were flagged down by a French gendarme on a dark, desolate country road that's obviously popular with shoppers returning from Andorra. He also searched the car and demanded explantions of the origin of cameras and anything remotely smugglable (is that a word?). If you're flying, I suspect that there'd be more concern over electronic equipment and designer clothes than booze - I'm fairly confident that the limit is £250 per person (a lot of drink!), but you can't spread one expensive item amongst a family.

I know people who've been given an extremely tough time by Customs in Heathrow on return from the USA, even where items in their baggage were legitimately bought in the UK. They don't operate the 'innocent until proven guilty principle', so if you're taking a brand new laptop with you, it might be prudent to take your receipts.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
they tend to search cars more than coachs, but is has been known to happen. I know of a work friend of Sharon's who got stopped on the way back last year and he was driving.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
its £140 quid of "other" stuff eg anything thats not fags booze or perfume btw
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Firstly take a photo mag with you to check prices as they may not have the model you want. Secondly, haggle and go from shop to shop checking prices in Andorra la Vella. International warranties are given on most well known brands, this used to be a problem area. Thirdly if you ditch the box/package it comes in you are unlikley to get stopped at customs.
BTW the snow was great when I left Soldeu on Monday morning and I'll be going back tomorrow afternoon (Thurs)
Have fun Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy