Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Clusaz any info,

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, My wife and i are going to la clusaz for 4 nights in mid march.We have booked the hotel Caroline.
Has anyone any tips on the resort and ski area.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice area, try skiing Manigod or Grand Bornard for a day , should be on same lift pass.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chick :
don't know how to post the link but there was quite a good discussion on La Clusaz/Le Grand Bornand a few weeks ago. I think it was posted about Feb 16th and was (strangley enough!) entitled La Clusaz & Le Grand Bornand. There are also some pretty good trip reports if you use the search facility.

If La Clusaz operates the same lift pass options as LGB (linked by ski bus, but easier to drive if you have your own transport) you can either get a La Clusaz lift pass or an Aravis lift pass. If you opt for the Aravis pass you will be covered for Le Grand Bornand as well but obviously it's more expensive and not sure if you would want/need this for 4 days.

Lovely, lovely area to ski!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Take an umbrella Laughing - we went mid march once (2001) and skied in rain on grass at the lowest points of the resort! (snow was fine higher up).

I'm sure you'll be fine this year as the snow fall seems very good in most places.

I think you will find plenty of skiiing for four days in La Clusaz area itself so I would go for the cheaper lift pass (not grand bornand). There is lots of good intermediate skiing from what I remember but we went some time ago so I'm struggling to remember all the runs. We stayed in hotel alpen roc and there was a nice fondue restaurant across the road and down a bit...looking on to the slopes..sorry I can't remember more.

It is a pretty resort and lots of runs so I'm sure you will have a good time.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the tips.Fingers crossed for no rain. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Both La Clusaz and Le Grand Bornand are very nice authentic French villages, with a good range of places to shop, eat and drink. Lots of good blues and reds in both resorts.

La Clusaz can get busy at the weekend due to its closeness to Geneva, but we were at Le Grand Bornand the saturday before last and although reasonably busy we didn't queue all day.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy