Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Would you like to support Chemmy Alcott and the British Team?

Poster: A snowHead
Sideshow_Bob, You could , undoubtedly. out-ski me if you were going backwards with a blindfold on ... but then so could anyone ... , the issue isn't my ability now but that 40 years ago .. so not measurable .

PS .. I wish I hadn't boot-started this rowing thing as it has nothing to do with this thread imo ..sorry rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PJSki, Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Back on topic. The answer is: on reflection and with the benefit of hindsight - no.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hurtle, It took us 17 pages but we got there Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Madeye-Smiley succinct and to the point!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hurtle, Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle wrote:
Back on topic. The answer is: on reflection and with the benefit of hindsight - no.

It's been so long....what's the question?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This would make a good story for some enterprising journalist:

Britain's top women's ski racer turns down offer of financial support from fans.

Britain's top female ski racer has kicked some of her fans in the teeth over an offer of financial assistance....

I'm going to email The Sun. With Chemmy's looks, it's sure to make the back pages in the lull before that real sporting even known as the FIFA World Cup starts.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PJSki, we dont actually know that has happened though, do we?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shimmy Alcott, I'm sure The Sun will get to the bottom of this.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Maybe it was a retrospective appearance fee for Hemel?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Due to the fact that I can't be arsed to read 17 pages, can someone tell me what happened to the money I gave to Chemmy's fund? Ta. Puzzled
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spyderman, she didn't want it by all accounts.

Just noticed that her wiki has a mention of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemmy_Alcott#Fund_Raising_Controversy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PJSki,
Quote:

Fund Raising Controversy
After complaining about a lack of funding and being out of pocket after the demise of SnowsportsGB in 2010, Alcott turned down an offer of financial assistance from a UK-based skiing website in the same year. Sources close to the website's owner report that Alcott and her advisers were unappreciative of the offer and behaved in a dismissive manner towards the fund-raisers. [50]

As of 24th May 2010, journalists are said to be investigating the allegations and any articles are expected to make UK national news.
[50]

I've checked your SCGB website and there's no mention on there.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hang on, there are precisely TWO mentions of chemmy "refusing" funds - one when Agenterre posted a theory on the last page, and further up this page where PJSki suggests IF TRUE it may be headline material.

I suspect that mountain may actually be a molehill...

Edit: I also note that the user who updated Chemmy's wiki page has no real history on Wikipedia apart from having one previous update removed as it was "unconstructive"
snow conditions
so many untruths, so much speculation and BS if some of the people commenting actually had half an idea of the real situation then great, but all i am seeing is white noise and trolling
snow conditions
nbt wrote:
Hang on, there are precisely TWO mentions of chemmy "refusing" funds - one when Agenterre posted a theory on the last page, and further up this page where PJSki suggests IF TRUE it may be headline material. [/url]

So it's true then, there have been reports of her refusing funds. Anyone can change that page, btw. If any of you think she didn't refuse funds from snowheads you can just delete the entry.
ski holidays
CEM wrote:
so many untruths, so much speculation and BS if some of the people commenting actually had half an idea of the real situation then great, but all i am seeing is white noise and trolling

What specifically is untrue and BS?
ski holidays
nbt, while not specifically "refusing funds", the last substantive report (over a month ago) was that there had been little/no reponse from the intended recipients and the funds had not been accepted. You've missed the important post, from Admin on 13th April

admin wrote:

The initial campaign was ostensibly to fund Chemmy's taking her physio to the world cup finals with any remainder going to help support the rest of the team. There was also a critical need to resolve their transport issues.
We actually came up with two vehicles, one a £30,000 modified Transit. Having spent quite some time sorting out the details, the state of the team is one of such disarray that no-one even turned our offer down, let alone accepted it.
It later transpired that various bodies/individuals (connected with the team) had been bidding against each other to buy the old SSGB vans back from the administrators.

As the amount of money promised approached the 'physio target', I tried to let Chemmy know that this was now available to her. Unfortunately, I did not hear back until after the champs which she'd attended sans physio.

I have been told that there will be no funds from BSS until the start of the Winter season so a central fund is being set up to manage donations and sponsorship. As yet I still don't know by whom and I haven't even been able to corroborate the story that BSS won’t be funding summer training. Apparently it is intended that the £11-12k raised by Rufus Alcott's Snow Ball goes that way but again, it's not there yet as the fund doesn't exist yet.

So yes, I still have the money and frankly I wish I didn't.

snow conditions
Someones opened a can of Wiki-woop-ass on that one Laughing
snow report
nbt, I agree. I was kite-flying, but GrahamN, is a lot more accurate. I was 'suggesting the unspeakable' as without any info one way or the other, posters seemed to be inferring that any 'blame' was with the OP or Admin and given the post above I thought I would balance up the conjecture ...
ski holidays
CEM,
Quote:

so much speculation

And this is surprising? rolling eyes
ski holidays
PJSki, I can categorically say that Chemmy has not refused the funds (so you or who ever it was may want to remove the BS on wikipedia), she has as yet not had the money so there is no reason for her to come on here and thank people for something which she hasn't got!!!! I am sure that when the money is handed over that she will come on here and thank everyone concerned, although i think there are a few people who would rather she didn't based on the comments they have written.

i was under the impression (obviouslyy i was wrong) that this place was for people interested in skiing and promoting the sport rather than just whinging about it... maybe too many people have been spending time in Val d' Isere wink
latest report
One post from admin since the eosb. Has he done a Foxy? Laughing
snow report
GrahamN, thanks for that, I had indeed missed that post

Agenterre, I can see why you said it, I just suspect that PJSki is stirring

Does anyone beside me suspect that PJSki may know who the wiki poster "Snakehands" may be?
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
One post from admin since the EoSB. Has he done a Foxy? Laughing

OMG! I think you're on to something...has he run off into the sunset with a certain gorgeous elite skier and the cash Shocked Laughing
snow report
nbt,
Quote:

who the wiki poster "Snakehands" may be?

Indeed, that user name rings a bell. Just can't quite remember that far back.
nbt, a troll through the deleted users file may be enlightning.
snow conditions
does snakehands have a guildford connection rolling eyes just heard it before somewhere
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
One post from admin since the EoSB. Has he done a Foxy? Laughing

OMG! I think you're on to something...has he run off into the sunset with a certain gorgeous elite skier and the cash Shocked Laughing

ooh! I've not seen Helen referred to as an elite skier before, being engaged to Foxy must have bought many advantages and improvements I guess Very Happy
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, couldn't blame the lad Very Happy
latest report
GrahamN, CEM, Thanks for the update.
snow conditions
The Voice of Reason wrote:
Someones opened a can of Wiki-woop-ass on that one Laughing

Quote:
This article reads like a review and may need a cleanup. Please help improve this article to make it neutral in tone and meet Wikipedia's quality standards.

All is back to normal now. Laughing
latest report
CEM wrote:
does snakehands have a guildford connection rolling eyes just heard it before somewhere

Please explain.
latest report
laundryman, can you get a train from snakehands station to guildford?
latest report
Whoever he/she is ... perhaps those who know the moniker will recognise the individual

Sad
snow report
Agenterre wrote:
Whoever he/she is ... perhaps those who know the moniker will recognise the individual

Sad

Jef Wickes?

Agenterre wrote:
What fun .. I've been away for a week and missed the drama !

Isn't it fun Toofy Grin

- I don't give a toss what happens to my small contribution ... the sewage outflow has been worth very penny:-D
- It's been obvious for ages that Rob@[/b) and [b[]Admin's best efforts have been fraught with arrogance and BS from anyone they try to help. They may protest but the reality is clear
- Swiller ... tuff , you may 'love' her but all she/her entourage is interested in is the bottom line , a real sportsperson would have said 'thanks' , even if they did not mean it
- Our wintersports future obviously has nothing to do with the current swiller-trough athletes ... time to invest in the future

Edited as irrelevant ... my fault !... Sorry

Are you standing by all the above? Or is it still irrelevant?
snow report
PJSki,
- I have no idea who the real troll is
- I have no idea what the 'truth' is (nor care as much as some ). Those who do, have for some as yet unclear reason, been unable to clarify.
- It isn't helpful for those who genuinely care (not me) when those who are, prima facie, uninvolved claim that they know what has happened but do not post the info they are party to
- I do think this thread is fun, but very very sad that the original intent wasn't open-and-shut in 2 weeks ( which is I'm sure what the OP and Admin intended at the outset)
- I hadn't appreciated it was a treasonable offence to question UK alpine skiers, we question and abuse politicians who are also funded out of the public purse:shock:
snow conditions
Agenterre,
Quote:
- I hadn't appreciated it was a treasonable offence to question UK alpine skiers...

Nor had I, old son. Clearly there are some registered here who make money out of ski racing. I don't have a problem with them expressing their unending and unquestioning support for the sport, but maybe one or two have spent too much time kneeling at the feet of some of our elite racers?

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 26-05-10 19:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Agenterre, not sure if some of that was aimed at me, PJSki, i know your jibe was aimed directly at me, why don't you just buzz off back to val d do dah

to be honest i don't give a flying frog what either of you think

would love to know what you are basing your references on

Yes i make some money out of race boots but not out of fitting members of the national squad, that is done free of charge

TBH not sure why i am even biting rolling eyes
latest report
CEM, I was about to respond to PJSki, that it was not aimed at you ... but as you beat me to it, I don't give a flying frog what you think (on this subject) either.

You are, however, one of the people who have claimed 'inside' knowledge on this sorry saga and none of those posts have helped those who do 'care' either ( you are not the only one if you go back to page 4 or so).

I'd better stop biting too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy