Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Would you like to support Chemmy Alcott and the British Team?

Poster: A snowHead
Pricks for goalposts sounds better, thanks Sideshow_Bob
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sideshow_Bob wrote:
PJSki, no I wasn't, and I find the suggestion offensive both to me and my clubmates. Fortunately the club was full of decent people from all sorts of walks of life (as is my current club in London) and not pricks like you. Stop sprouting BS.

Crybaby alert. That's 'token' as in token working class kid.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bode Swiller wrote:
anyway, I hope the British team get some funding. Wouldn't want you to lose an income stream. wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PJSki, as usual you have me hopelessly confused for a.n.other but anyway, this chap just popped his woolly down and has a message for you:

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PJSki, yeah, I got it, still offensive, but certainly not crying over it. Go back to under your bridge, you're pathetic.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sideshow_Bob, don't take any notice, hun.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sideshow_Bob wrote:
PJSki, yeah, I got it, still offensive, but certainly not crying over it. Go back to under your bridge, you're pathetic.

Don't be stupid.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller, wow, that kid must have had an abusive upbringing to be doing that. Still, don't let that stop you from using his sad picture to make your weak point.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Axsman, I would love to shoot you now as you obviously have no idea what it takes to be a world class ski racer!! I think you would probably last about 1 week before you would quit. The regime is so hard, I will not even try to explain the fitness programme or how hard the ski programme is. It certainly is not done for pleasure! They certainly don't get more than a couple of days a year to ski for pleasure like you would on your hols!
Like most of our world class athletes in any sport they are very dedicated and give up their lives to try to get to the very top.
They just happen to have chosen skiing which some people have deemed to be "elite, pretentious & boring"! Utter Bo##ocks!!
A lot of the team actually started to ski on dry slopes. Most people who post on hear would not go near plastic! far too common!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode Swiller wrote:
ph, weeSKI, well, it's true. Why, for instance, do you think they used a cricketer and not a footballer if they were in the business of paying the talent? If you wanted to sell watches your first choice sport wouldn't be cricket.

I wouldn't hav ethought that Kevin Pieterson came cheap. If ya aint being paid don't do it - it leads to others taking the Ps and devalues you're worth.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bob wrote:
skimottaret wrote:
hope she at least gets a watch out of the deal

Proberly about raising the athletes profile with the public, afterall GB skiing is still not particularly prominent in the mind of the population.
Raise the profile should make if possible to reach more potential sponsorship..

But you've already shown you'll give a huge endorsement and give away your image rights for free!!!!! Its hardly professional is it!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Calm down folks...

I have no doubt that TJ does not have huge funds to call on, and is really dedicating his life to doing something which I would not find in the least bit enjoyable. Good for him.

Yes, rowing has been connected with public schools and elite universities ( and I managed to avoid it at one of each) but I have mates who are not posh at all who continue to row in non-ellitist clubs.

One trouble is that many individual sports which do not have a professional team structure or mass-appeal leading to endorsements and sponsorship are always going to seem more open to those whose parents might have more cash.

Lastly - Sideshow_Bob - who is your Krusty?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The people who rowed in my class which was subsidised by Wandsworth Council weren't at all posh, and one of them was blind. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
the commoners view on rowing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
makes me laugh when i hear this class battle carp..... ok message to skiers who need funding and haven't got it...there are loads of people out there with cash or products or services who are willing to help

1 learn how to market yourself, sponsors don't just dole out cash ...they actually want some value from what they give!...so how can you benefit them? what coverage in the media can you get for them?
2 make a list of every contact you have who could potencially help and start contacting them, contact the ones who you think can't help either...you never know
3 get rid of all the drunken pictures and stupid comments off your face book page (this is an advert for YOU and sponsors will look at it)
4 use FB, twitter, linkdin etc etc etc to market to potencial sponsors (buy the seth godin book "tribes" £6.99 on amazon)
5 when someone gives you something say thank you and then ask what you can do in return.... don't just expect it for nothing
6 Be proactive not reactive, sitting moaning that you have no cash will not get cash... time to start thinking about HOW TO GET CASH... if it means washing cars all summer to fund the winter just do it. What skills do you have which can be of use to a potencial sponsor, public speaking, telling the story of how you came from a council estate Whatever????
7 make sure you have a website which is clean, crisp and up to date
8 think outside skiing, think outside the box...only problem is that there is always a bigger box.... think outside that too
9 Trade don't buy, do you have that skilll/thing that someone wants that you can trade for what you need
10 whatever you do DO NOT GIVE UP look at what did work and what didn't in terms of getting sponsors, do more of what worked and bin what didn't.

ok thats it, 10 things, i am sure someone on here will come back with more or rubbish each of the above but that is all i can offer here right now

good luck

Toofy Grin
snow conditions
CEM wrote:
out there with cash

back on topic we still haven't had an answer about the snowheads pot of cash and Ms Alcott
snow conditions
Hurtle wrote:
The people who rowed in my class which was subsidised by Wandsworth Council weren't at all posh, and one of them was blind. Toofy Grin

Nice to see that poor lawyers can get subsidised rowing lessons.
snow report
stevew, Yeah - agree - WTF?
snow report
PJSki wrote:
Oh yeah, I forgot about all those council estate kids and their rowing clubs. rolling eyes

http://www.britishrowing.org/project-oarsome

Bradford Amateur Rowing Club (located in a Council Estate) gets over half of its junior membership from Titus Salt School, as a result of the above scheme. TS School is in Baildon. In a Council Estate. In Bradford. Junior membership is £40 a year - payment by instalments available if needed.....

If you know nothing - say nothing wink
snow report
Plugboy wrote:
Axsman, I would love to shoot you now as you obviously have no idea what it takes to be a world class ski racer... blah blah blah....
A lot of the team actually started to ski on dry slopes. Most people who post on hear would not go near plastic! far too common!

Yawn. If you want something work for it. don't sit there with your hand out.

P.S. That's 'here' wink
snow conditions
Axsman, They have worked very hard and are the best of British, unlike yourself. They certainly don't sit there with their hands out.
Not going to waste anymore time on you or justifying why the best in Britain should get funded.
Thought this was a skiing forum with people who were like minded about British skiing? Obviously not.
latest report
And this thread would be my second clue that summer's arrived then.... rolling eyes
snow conditions
chrisdavis wrote:
PJSki wrote:
Oh yeah, I forgot about all those council estate kids and their rowing clubs. rolling eyes

http://www.britishrowing.org/project-oarsome

Bradford Amateur Rowing Club (located in a Council Estate) gets over half of its junior membership from Titus Salt School, as a result of the above scheme. TS School is in Baildon. In a Council Estate. In Bradford. Junior membership is £40 a year - payment by instalments available if needed.....

If you know nothing - say nothing wink

Not dissing what you're saying but having grown up in Shipley it is more of a suburb of Bradford and has it's wealthy quarters but Hirst Wood can be a little on the flakey side! Rowing Club is in a beautiful location.
ski holidays
Damn - I'm even getting drawn away from the main topic Puzzled
ski holidays
stevew wrote:
Not dissing what you're saying but having grown up in Shipley it is more of a suburb of Bradford and has it's wealthy quarters but Hirst Wood can be a little on the flakey side! Rowing Club is in a beautiful location.

It is a beautiful location - it certainly was this morning. The club however, can only be reached via Higher Coach Rd - which remains as described. I love it just as it is - if it were like everyone seems to think Rowing Clubs are like, I probably wouldn't be allowed in wink
snow report
Historically I'd normally approach wither through Saltaire or Hirst Wood and over the swing bridge so you get a slightly different perspective. When I was a kid the school had a far better reputation, can't remember what it was called then.
latest report
Salt Grammar. I don't think it's too bad a school now, but Eton it certainly ain't.
snow report
Yes course it was!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Serious thread drift - admin will have a fit and move the thread. So to return to the topic - did she get it Toofy Grin
snow conditions
What fun .. I've been away for a week and missed the drama !

Isn't it fun Toofy Grin

- I don't give a toss what happens to my small contribution ... the sewage outflow has been worth very penny:-D
- It's been obvious for ages that Rob@[/b) and [b[]Admin's best efforts have been fraught with arrogance and BS from anyone they try to help. They may protest but the reality is clear
- Swiller ... tuff , you may 'love' her but all she/her entourage is interested in is the bottom line , a real sportsperson would have said 'thanks' , even if they did not mean it
- Our wintersports future obviously has nothing to do with the current swiller-trough athletes ... time to invest in the future

Edited as irrelevant ... my fault !... Sorry

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 23-05-10 21:16; edited 1 time in total
snow report
halfhand wrote:
Serious thread drift - admin will have a fit and move the thread. So to return to the topic - did she get it Toofy Grin

A Theory :
- They tried
- She couldn't give a shoite
- They are not quite sure how to convince themselves/ us that is true ..

Toofy Grin
snow report
Agenterre wrote:
Rowing --- some marvellous strength-athletes .. many of whom I've played rugby with ... skills other than co-ordinated upper-bady strength usually lacking rolling eyes

Rowing's a legs sport.
snow conditions
chrisdavis, Apologies .. I should have written differently / "Upper & .." rolling eyes Sorry (edit - I guess I could gave added 'no -skill/balance ' but then we would have had WWII and 1/2 wink )
ski holidays
Agenterre wrote:
halfhand wrote:

A Theory :
- They tried

Toofy Grin

oh dear Sad
snow report
Agenterre wrote:
chrisdavis, Apologies .. I should have written differently / "Upper & .." rolling eyes Sorry (edit - I guess I could gave added 'no -skill/balance ' but then we would have had WWII and 1/2 wink )

ah, do you play for Old Tottonians, then?

As luck would have it - here's my boat on t'water this very morning.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 23-05-10 20:26; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Agenterre wrote:
Rowing --- some marvellous strength-athletes .. many of whom I've played rugby with ... skills other than co-ordinated upper-bady strength usually lacking rolling eyes

We'll have to go skiing together at some point Twisted Evil
snow report
Agenterre wrote:
halfhand wrote:

A Theory :
- They tried

Toofy Grin

At last some light. Thanks.

Predictable outcome. Redirect the money to snowHeads and I'll put some in too.
ski holidays
Plugboy wrote:
Axsman, They have worked very hard and are the best of British, unlike yourself. They certainly don't sit there with their hands out.
Not going to waste anymore time on you or justifying why the best in Britain should get funded.
Thought this was a skiing forum with people who were like minded about British skiing? Obviously not.

I've been holding back on you but tomorrow I'm going to let rip.
ski holidays
PJSki,
Quote:

Why wait old boy. The wine is poured and I'm sitting back to enjoy the show Toofy Grin
ski holidays
halfhand wrote:
PJSki,
Quote:

Why wait old boy. The wine is poured and I'm sitting back to enjoy the show Toofy Grin

I need to sober up first.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy