Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

good helmet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
looking for a helmet with good air vents but also audio earpads either bluetooth or wired for mobile / ipod use
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Giro
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Spyderman wrote:
Giro

Seconded. I and my son both have Giro, can't fault them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Giro MX10
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Giro - try different models (Omen, Seam, Fuse etc) to see what best fits your noggin.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
1969jma, as DB says, check-out the fit of the helmet first.

I was going to go for a Giro, but couldn't find one that was comfortable, so went for a Smith Variant Brim. Ventilation is good (with switches on the top of the helmet to open/close the vents depending on the weather). I'm also pretty sure that there is an audio upgrade available.

Just thought it might be a alternative option.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
At the risk of starting a big argument, please stay out of my way if you're going cut your hearing off from the rest of the mountain. Vast majority of people who do that are a liability.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dr John, not rising to that one.

This afternoon I wil be boardnig to the sounds of Monty Python, Bach and Nina Simone, I believe. NehNeh
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spoilsport
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great value is the K2 Clutch Pro and K2 Indy Pro, both have wired earphones included, The Clutch Pro is available from £50.

I've been using mine for two weeks on the snow (and another planned in a few weeks) and it's good as new, standing up to constant use for a week at a time and is very comfortable.

It's got 4 vents in the top, but is quite a warm helmet - not sure if the vents/cooling are massively important, but it's not going to be the coolest of the options out there.

For all those worrying about the noise and not hearing other people around you, the volume level is restricted so that it can be about as loud as you'd have a car stereo - you can hear people talking to you about 3 feet away, and anybody shouting or a loud noise behind you and you'd have no problem hearing them. It's also got a volume control on the wire to the headset, so easy to set it just right so that you've got background music but can still have a chat on the chairlift. I wouldn't ski in earphones, they block out too much sound, but have no problem using the helmet with the earpads.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I just recently bought a head helmet(pun intended) after trying just about every brand available in stores in the UK I eventually tried out Decathalon and found £40 Head helemt the most comfortable for my noggin and will be trying it out for real this Wednesday in Courmayeur....Yeehaw!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just do your trips to the States instead of Europe. You'll have the mountain to yourself during the week as the Yanks ski at the weekends, thus you don't risk running into someone Very Happy. Then again, at least in France it would block out the sounds of the French swearing at everyone and being generally miserable.

Well, except places like Breck where only the Brits seem to go Wink.

As for earphones, I wouldn't want to take a tumble and have them ram into my ear! Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
1969jma, I'd recommend Giro as well.

You really need to try on a helmet you plan to buy with your goggles.

I've got the G10.

I did order the more expensive Omen from an online retailer (it was discounted quite a lot) but I had to send it back since it did not work with my Oakley Wisdom goggles.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy