Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soldeu, Andorra

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having used up our skiing fix for this season, we're starting to think about next year and OH is thinking what about Andorra. Theres some nice looking 4* hotels in Soldeu for what look like ok prices (in Neilsons next season brochure). I skied Andorra years ago when I was living near Girona, but its looks a good bit smarter than it did then. Has anyone recent experience and hotel recommentations ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Loved the Hotel Sport Village (about five years ago).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Hotel Sport was great, but so expensive. They worst part with a family of 4 was buying water to drink at dinner, but it was a fun game trying to get free water, some days we could get a jug, most we couldn't so we smuggled it in using recycled bottles.

The skiing was also great, a good choice if you can afford it I think. Lift prices are very expensive, but you can get discounts if you shop around online.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We got a really good deal this year at the Hotel Sport (24th Jan 2010). Just over £700pp (and not a last minute deal), which was full board (we had vouchers to use for lunch which were very easy to use), included a full area lift pass, 1 entry to the spa (worth 35E), plus half a bottle of wine each with evening meal (water was free). The bar drinks were not too bad, about the same as in the UK but with bigger measures, plus they had happy hour every night in both bars of the hotel. It was also just over the road from ski lockers and the gondola.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Highly recommend the Sport or the Sport Village
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We have just returned from a great week in Soldeu. Skiing was just what we wanted for our family of four. Enough to challenge me and good runs for Mrs SB and the kids to do. We stayed at the Himalaia which is just down the road form the Sport Hotel. It is not as nice as the Sport Hotel, (we stayed at the Sport on our first trip to Soldeu and now always compare our trips to the Sport- nothing has matched it yet in four visits), The Himalaia was good enough for us but IMO was a bit shabby round the edges. Even though the Himalaia is not as good as the Sport, I was happy that we saved nearly £800 by staing there.

Food was OK at the Himalaia, not a great selection for dinner, but enough pasta and salad for everyone. IMO food is 3* at the Himalaia and 4* at the Sport. If you book at the Sport through a TO you get your ski hire form Sport Calbo which imo is far better than than Ski Negre ski hire. We used Ski Negre this year. teh gear is a bit old and they just didnt seem bothered about helping you with getting the skis taht you wanted. About an hours wait to get kitted up on teh SUnday afternoon and tehy just wanted you out of teh door as quickly as possible. Oh, and all four sets of bindings had to be corrected on the first day skiing!!. It's not good when your daughters ski pops off on the first ski lift of the day and i had to drag her out of the way of the fast approaching chair!! Just what was needed to lower the stress levels on the usual first day rush up the mountain to get in ski school.

Must also point out that the Crystal reps at Soldeu were great this year, but you never know what they will be like this year.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy