Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

arc teryx stingray jacket

Poster: A snowHead
are they generous sizing? sort of fit between large and extra large on the website, could do with some advise please. Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fragy, my Sidewinder is on the generous side. What's your chest/waist measurement?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chest 44, waist 38. have tried the sidewinder pants on in large and need the xl Shocked
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
am a 36 in jeans though
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm a 34 in jeans, have the large Stingray, the Med fitted but wasn't as long, so felt the L was a better bet...Can you not get to somewhere and try one on? I'd not be putting that kind of money down for a jacket without trying it on...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm 44 chest, my Large Sidewinder has room to spare which is great for layering-up. Adding a mid-layer jacket at around 3 in the afternoon is heaven. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I owuld have thought the large would be fine. Nip down to EB's at Castleford & try one on.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fragy, not perfect help as I have the Sidewinder rather than Stingray.
The Sidewinder is generous.
Mine is Medium. I usually take a 38 inch jacket, and find plenty of room under the Arctreryx jacket for 3 layers of Icebreaker.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonpim wrote:
fragy, not perfect help as I have the Sidewinder rather than Stingray.
The Sidewinder is generous.
Mine is Medium. I usually take a 38 inch jacket, and find plenty of room under the Arctreryx jacket for 3 layers of Icebreaker.

Hey 'Larry Labels', you wanna get yourself down to George @ Asda and save youself a few quid. Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yeah, Mollerski, I did wonder about that when I posted.
Believe it or not, I'm not a label man, and frequently peruse T K Max to see what they've got.
But I also go with friend's recommendations, and do go for quality.
Arcteryx doesn't shout at you: the logo is quite subtle.
And Arcteryx gives you a Lifetime guarantee.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonpim, I'm teasing. wink I also like a bit of quality, but try to avoid paying through the nose for it. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon, I was in EB yesterday and tried the large on which seamed "fitted" the problem I have is the last lot of ski gear I bought was 6 years ago and the sizing was generous, which may be why this jacket felt as it did. EB never had an XL for me to try and they dont have any on the website either.

just another question, dont know whether to go for the stingray or the sidewinder pant do any of you know the main difference etc.

dont know if it helps but I'm 6' and 15 stone snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thank you Mollerski: i'm far too sensitive rolling eyes

fragy, there are discussions out there about the jackets; Arc'teryx Sidewinder VS Stingray and Arcteryx models (and sizing) question... . but little on differences between the pants. Main difference seems to be the thickness (durability?) of the goretex.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jonpim, thanks for that, ordered that many sizes and styles now, think Mastercard might be on the phone in a mo!!! snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kitenski wrote:
I'm a 34 in jeans, have the large Stingray, the Med fitted but wasn't as long, so felt the L was a better bet...Can you not get to somewhere and try one on? I'd not be putting that kind of money down for a jacket without trying it on...

I think this is exactly right as far as my experience of Arcteryx sizing goes. When I last wanted to buy a shell I set out to get an Arcteryx based on all the positive talk, but in the end I didn't go with the the jacket in question due to the fit - I would have if the medium had been a little longer.
ski holidays
fragy, the Stingray has a different fit to the Sidewinder. It's roomier around the chest and shorter in length. I found it a bit odd but then I'm tall and skiiny. Sidewinder a better fit for me.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy