Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossi Zenith z9.5's

Poster: A snowHead
Tried these out last week in Ischgl in both the 162 and 170 lengths and loved them.

Piste conditions were a bit of a mix with some hard pack but no real ice, and I found these skis lively and quick to turn while still holding an edge mutch better than my ageing B2 174's.

Didn't get to try them off piste as the snow depth just wasn't good enough (and nor was the skier Laughing ).

Funny thing was that even at my (100+ kg) weight, the 162's seemed just as stable as the 170's and a tad lighter on their toes as it were.

Does anyone have much experience of them in soft conditions? I'm seriously thinking of retiring my Bandits and investing in a pair.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh and while I'm at it, the z6.5s look like they are identical in shape, sidecut etc, but claim to be more 'all mountain' than the 9.5's. Anyone skied both? Little Angel
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Axsman, Glad you like them, as I bought a pair in a 170cm length at Christmas and will be trying them for the first time in 2 weeks. They are currently with spyderjon being prepped. I bought based on the fact I had hired the Z9 predecessor for the last two years and really liked them, so I hope they are as good. I will post back my review in a few weeks.

If it helps I used the Z9's for the last 2 years in the Dolomites when there was a lot of on piste powder. They were brilliant on the ungroomed surface. Never really tried them off piste other than skiing between pistes in waist deep powder. They seemed fine but as my off piste skills are crap I'm probably not the best person to review their capability for this use but on piste on either hardpack or as mentioned on piste powder, I loved them.

btw, I'm 183cm tall and weigh about 75Kg. I deliberated over whether to buy the 170 or 176 length but based on advice regarding my weight and the fact that I had hired the 170 length in the Z9, I chose the 170. I also got an email from Rossignol HQ, who confirmed the 170 was the best length for me but I suppose this is down to a persons preference.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looking at these myself. they are currently on sale in Decathlon (La Tronche, Grenoble) for 440 euros. RPP is around 599 euros. Seems like a pretty good deal. I am currently skiing on Head Zenon 4.0s - but am finding that they lack stability at speed. Probably not helped by the fact they are maybe a bit small for me: 163 cm - I am 5'10 and 80 kgs. Thought I might try the Ross Z9.5 at 170cm instead. Am planning on trying them out first at the Chamrousse Rossy Demo on Feb 15/16. Will report back!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have Rossi Zenith 10's

Brilliant ski

Cheers
Bob
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just got them back from spyderjon and can't wait to get them on the slope
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Now we know where all the Metron fans went wink NehNeh
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well tried them again in Meribel last week and they were just as good as in Ischgl Madeye-Smiley

Now seriously looking for the best deal. - any suggestions?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Axsman, I'd email or phone someone at www.macski.com. They don't have full stock listings on their site.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Phone ski n boardprrom http://www.skinboardroom.co.uk/

I've got Rossi Zenith 10's and I was chatting to the owner about my great deal. he said..... "you should always give me a call I could do you a deal".

he had or perhaps still has rossi zenith 10's that are ex demo for about 1/2 price. He could also perhaps do a deal on 9.5's he has tem in stock.

PS I dont work for him. I just buy stuff there.

I think his name is Alan????
Cheers
Bob
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
arv, glasgowcyclops,

Thanks both, Found them from Winter Shack Dundee for £418.25 including bindings, postage and packing and a free waxing (ooh er missus!). looks like a good deal since retail in Europe was 599 Euro and everywhere else seemed to want at least £520.

Should be with me in a couple of days, then I just have to wait until March 20th to try them out!

Went for the 170's as having skied both them and the 162's i thought for my height and weight the 170's were theoretically better, even though in practice I couldn't feel much difference.

pokemon, did spyderjon happen to mention what the base and edge angles were? base 1 edge 88? I have edge guides at 88 and 87 so hopefully I won't need another.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Axsman, when he droppped the skis off I asked him about the edge angles, as I had bought an edge trick tool from him a year ago. He said I need to use the tool with a 1 degree setting. I presumed this relates to the edge angle but this doesn't seem to tie up with what you are saying for the edge angles (87 and 88 etc). The tool I use is on Jon's website here:

http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,136/category_id,19/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,1/

As I don't have a base file at the moment I didn't ask him about the base edge. Sorry.

I paid £418 inc. delivery from Ski Plus online over Christmas, before the VAT increase and they only had factory wax on them, so it sounds like a good deal.

Edit: Jon did mention using a marker pen on the edge to make sure the full width of the mark was removed when filing to determine the correct edge angle on my tool but he said it was a 1 degree setting.

I'm presuming that the 88 degree file relates to a 2 degree edge angle. I guess you should do the above test on the skis with the 88 file when you get them before buying a new one though.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well, as promised. I went up to the Rossignol Demo at Chamrousse yesterday and tried on both the Zenith 10 and 9.5 (170 cm). I'm afraid to say that I was really disappointed. It is true that thy feel very stable. You notice this at speed on straight runs (even on the drag lift where they hold their lines). They are a great carving ski. But forget about mogels. They are just far too heavy. I had a trrid time in the bumps. I really noticed the difference when I put my own Head Zenon 4s back on (163 cm). They felt as light as a feather. Also great carving skis (with a tighter turning radius than either the Z9 or Z10 and great in the moguls. Okay, maye they are not a downhill racing ski - you have to work harder to keep them stable - but I will be keeping mine. I am glad I tried the Rossies n though - it helped me to appreciate how importantthe WEIGHT of the ski is -- and made me wonder why few manufacturers or ski shops display the weight (with bindings).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CharlieL, I demoed the z9.5's for two days - one in Ischgl and one in Meribel. I found them stable and forgiving on piste, in lumpy stuff, on groomers, and on hardpack. They also held their edge well (al lot better than my B2's rolling eyes ) but not so tightly that they wouldn't let go if you know what I mean. They were about the same weight as my B2's (at least they felt that way).

I didn't test them in moguls as if I ever find myself in a mogul field I sit down and finish my hip flask, then take my skis off and walk Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well they arrived today Top marks to Wintershack for prompt delivery.

Waxed and edged and looking great!

MMMmmm new skis! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Update:

On getting my shiny new Zenith's home I couldn't help but notice that they have the adjustable bindings that you usually find on rental skis. i.e. by lifting up a recessed lever both the front and rear binding can be slid forward or backwards to fit any size of boot.

I wondered if this is standard for these skis or does it mean these were skis originally destined for the rental market?

If this is the case, since the two pairs of these that I demoed on the slopes were in fact rental skis this doesn't in itself worry me, but I wondered if there were any other differences that i should worry about? (apart from the increased weight and 'nick-ability' factor of course). Anyone have any info?
snow conditions
My Zenith 10's are like that. IE they should haev adjustable bindings.
latest report
glasgowcyclops, Cheers! snowHead
snow report
Axsman, just got back from a week in Arabba on my new Z9.5's. They were fab. Very stable. I do think they need to be skied quite well and unfortunately in this respect, I need some further work wink

What colour are your skis ? They appear to be a dark brown but mine are black. Your bindings seem to have a slightly different colour scheme. I'll post a photo so you can see.

btw, my bindings are the same as you've described.
latest report
pokemon, Yes as per pic, a dark brown colour - maybe last seasons? All the hire ones i've skied have been brown, but I have seen black ones on the Rossi site. Oh well 19 sleeps until I get to play with them Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy