Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My new skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice...

I'm really tempted by some Lhasa Pow 191 but keep finding reason to not part with over $1000 !! They look the nuts....

What's the quality of the finish like?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bobinch, snap! Cool.

No FKNA sticker yet? I've still got some Look Pivot's available wink

Gotta luv that retro base design.

Alex A, quality is excellent, especially the base flatness/structure/finish as PM Gear are now using a different outfit to finish the bases. A lot better finish compared to the Llasa's I got a year ago which needed plenty of steel brushing to knock down the structure. The carbon content means that they're very light too at only 3550g per pair in the flat so they'd be great with Dukes or Dynafit's if that's your game.

Specs are: 125-99-114, 33m radius - you have to steer/bend 'em, no park'n'ride here but it makes them super stable when straight lining.

There's no longer a soft or stiff option with the new model being in stiff only (both torsionally & longitudinally) but it's a smoother more rounded flex than the old 183 stiff's. The new 183's also have the aluminium tip & tail protectors from the Llasa's which'll make them equally bombproof. All in all a perfect companion to my 196 Llasa'a Cool
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

What's the quality of the finish like?

I'm not sure what the new 183s are like as I have yet to see Bobinch's. That said, the quality of the stuff they are producing in Reno (as opposed to the Euro Bros) has improved dramatically over the last few years. The first year in Reno 179s I have (06/07 season) look like a ski built by a micro builder in a garage, although they ski very well. This year's Lhasa is very solidly built. I've put about 50 days on my current pair and aside from a little topsheet chipping they are holding up very well. Where PM Gear have had build quality issues, they have a tendency to stand by the product. They are very good guys to deal with.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon, have the stickers. Missus wasn't impressed Shocked

Re binders, these are getting Dynafits!

Replacing these beauties...

It was a tough decision. I love those LP's but your TGR post on the weight and a recent touring experience on lighter skis convinced me.

I considered long and hard about sticking Dynafit's on the LP's and I'm sure they are better skis for the steeps and downhill but I am doing more touring and the 1kg weight saving of the 183 bro's vs the LP's convinced me to shell out. The most expensive 1kg saving I've ever made....

ps I've pm'd you about something else. Very grateful if you can advise.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bobinch, I've just replied to your pm.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alex A, the finish is not perfect eg slight difference in camber/tip rocker, metal tip not 100% flush to edge but they do look solidly built. gorilla, has used and speaks highly of their customer service. spyderjon, also clearly knows what he is talking about and is an owner of multiple pairs. I wanted something stiff enough to grip on steeps, that was light enough to tour on and wide enough to enjoy in the powder. I spoke to a guy who had skied some steep stuff on 183's and 179's who talked highly of them and finally plumped for one of the last pairs of 183's they had left - got $100 off for a slightly misaligned topsheet which I can't locate... Will let you know more when I have had a chance to ski on them.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
can't wait for the reviews, sweet looking aswell!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy