Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

blimey, they're lucky! two skiers survive another scottish avalanche.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
just read this on the bbc. hope they heal quickly. seems they have awesome skills.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
some skills, incredible luck and surely poor judgement (assuming they were off piste). Given recent weather you'd imagine most aspects and even some lower angled stuff is bit dicey and best left for a few days...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well I've taken a video of that area from the etive glades and it is steep. Editted my speculative section. Seem the blokes new what they were doing.

cheers
bob

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 27-02-10 20:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We don't know the details of how it happened but it's quite likely that the 2 skiers involved were not even intending to ski the slope and were just having a nose. I've half a mind who the two might be & if so, I don't think they'd have taken that risk given the conditions just now and the exposure below.

http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/displaypic.php?id=13217,1977#start

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MwZtQbUEh7k/S4lfiz_HOcI/AAAAAAAAFkg/DYofqGxTABk/s640/177+in+Cam+Glen.JPG

This blog from Glencoe SP shows how fragile the snow was with an alarming crack they themselves triggered extending well above the slope in question. An unforseeable event maybe in extraordinary conditions ?

http://crankitupgear.blogspot.com/2010/02/avalanche-on-glades.html
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fair point moffatross, I eddited the above post. Until I know the facts I shouldn't speculate. Happy

Cheers
Bob
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy