Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon custom air helmet removable earpads?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi snowHead s

I recently bought of Ebay Salomon Divine Origins custom air helmet. Bargain for £53 and as new, only two month old Laughing

Love it but.... don't have a clue how to remove ear pads. It suppose to be a snapfit. But when I try to remove them they just don't go anywhere and I don't want to pull to hard.
Any advise please?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pull harder?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Which way are you pulling? The pads on my 9.9 push into the inside wall so if its the same and you're pulling them down, then you're not going to get very far. I'd imagine this should be fairly obvious though so i guess do what parlor says.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
hmm, I have pulled harder and the whole thing came out ,the ear pad and the plastic bit that the ear pad snaps into + some polystyrene bits broke off. F* great!
But I can glue it back into place, no problem. The problem is it should be easy to remove the earpads when you have a helmet worth £130. (not that I would pay that much Laughing )

Will have to ask Salomon how I do it Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Glue might eat the polystyrene. Make sure you check it first somehow.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
yes I will make sure I use something sutable
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nemeziss wrote:
hmm, I have pulled harder and the whole thing came out ,the ear pad and the plastic bit that the ear pad snaps into + some polystyrene bits broke off. F* great!

Opps.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bit of a bump, but been looking at new helmets, tried 4 different Salomon helmets, which all fitted ok, but could not remove the ear pads. Staff in snow and rock were also clueless, "it should just pull out"

i wonder if there is a special way to pull the ear pieces out???
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski, I was looking at Mrs NBT's salomon poison helmet last night wondering the same thing. might drop an email to the salomon people, I think
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nbt if you do email salomon, please let me know what they say. I am having the same issue
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
smithy05, struggling t find contact details on the salomon site - will have another look at lunch
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nbt, I rang their UK office yesterday, left a message but no reply yet, will try again and let you know!

I did find this last night, but don't fancy carrying a knife with me on the mountain!

http://25zerotwo.com/?p=335
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kitenski, I just found that same page! will give it a try tonight.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nbt, how would you do that up the hill, ie in spring cold morning, warm afternoon.....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Spoke to Salomon tech support, they said just diagonally hank it either forwards or backwards and it should pop out...ie leaning towards front of helmet or back....
snow report
hmmm. don't want to end up breaking the helmet as per nemeziss above, though...
ski holidays
nbt, yeh I said as much to them, they were a bit dismissive as if I was being a bit dim, but said as long as you pull diagonally it will come out...
snow report
Can confirm it works Smile Just removed mine from my new Salomon helmet, so no need to send it back!

I just pulled them backwards rather than upwards and they popped up !
latest report
kitenski, brill, ta for checking Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy