Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My TV licence money ;-)

Poster: A snowHead
I've been wondering for the last couple weeks why the BBC seem to have shelled out a load of licence payers money on Kjuss Jackets for the skiing presenters in Vancouver? Why get jackets costing between £600 - 800 when other brands such as North Face, HH or even Tog 24 are available at a fraction of the cost? The weather's been quite clement so it's not as if they're on a polar expedition where the best clothing would be essential. Having said that why would anyone in their right mind pay £880 for a Kjuss ski jacket rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hywel, they didn't pay £800 for them, there's another thread somewhere on this, but I'm on the iphone and can't find it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont,

I'm just jealous actually Evil or Very Mad But seriously, I was looking at the £880 jacket in Snow and Rock last week, and whilst it was a nice jacket, was quite unremarkable in many respects and wouldn't be in my list of coveted ski wear - Peak Performance anyone?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Loads of Kjus gear being worn in Laax last week and in the shops there many jackets were going for the SFr equivalent of £1000+.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hywel, us poor pharmacists have to go to TMaxx for our jackets.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hywel,

On the contrary they were probably getting paid at least £800 to wear them and even then it would be cheap advertising (OK maybe not directly it is the BBC after all, but their are ways round it, corporate hospitality etc). Look at the news presenters they all wear TNF or Berghaus, surely not a co-incidence.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hywel, The Beeb didn't pay for them. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=61760
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Hywel, us poor pharmacists have to go to TMaxx for our jackets.

But then it wouldn't surprise if those jackets eventually show up in good old TKMaxx! Pretty much every other big name ski brand seems to.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nowt wrong with TKMaxx! I'm sure there was a post on here from Megamum who bought a Killy jacket from some charity shop.......
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hywel, and I got a Rossignol one from TKMaxx, and even managed to find the matching pants.

Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yep, my Rossignol tribe (this years model) came from TK Maxx as well, can't remember the exact price but it was certainly under £40
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
davkt, I think mine was £34, and I go the pants from ebay for the same price. Bargain.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Helen Beaumont, Not got the matching pants, my £15ish soft shells from Aldi doing too good a job to bother spending on even thirty or fourty quid to get a matching set!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davkt, only by chance I found them, I wasn't looking.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hywel wrote:
Having said that why would anyone in their right mind pay £880 for a Kjuss ski jacket rolling eyes

Simply because they don't pay from their own pockets but from my pocket. And yes, same thing, even same jackets happened here in Slovenia last year. Everyone and their dogs, who are just near smell of skiing WC (not just commentators following skiing WC, but half of other commentators, technicians, and mostly likely cleaning ladies too) got full Kjuss equipment. This year they changed it for Halti... I'm out on snow a whole lot more then they are, and I'm fine with same jacket for at least 2 years, while they obviously need new ones every year. And the most expensive ones you can find.
Yeah that's what happens when they are buying stuff with my money, not their money. rolling eyes
latest report
Helen Beaumont wrote:
davkt, I think mine was £34, and I go the pants from ebay for the same price. Bargain.

Mine was £25 Cool It was in the clearance section, it's superb Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Does the licence fee go on flying those muppets to Argentina to compete on Wipeout??
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy