Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

10yr old skier needs your votes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

A 10 YEAR OLD BOY NEEDS YOUR VOTE TO DO WHAT NO OTHER YOUNG SKIING BRIT HAS BEEN GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO!

Mason Ferebee has been selected by Quiksilver to earn a place in a final during the Winter X Games Europe 2010 in France in March . He's home grown talent resulting from freestyle lessons at the Milton Keynes Sno!zone and is the only British freestyle skier in with a chance of competing. It’s a public vote on the Quiksilver site to put the skiers and boarders through and Mason needs your help to get the most votes.

Please could you follow the link below and just hit the vote button for Mason Ferebee so he's in with a chance.

Please vote asap, as the closing date is 7th March - it will only take about 20 seconds of your time.

http://quiksilverlive.com/radar10/rider.php?r=28

You can find out more about Mason at his website: http://www.masonferebee.co.uk and please feel free to pass this email on to your friends as only one vote is allowed per person. There's a campaign on Facebook too http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?oid=330578484690&view=user#!/group.php?gid=330578484690 just join the group and invite your friends!

Many thanks for reading this and a HUGE thanks from Mason if you voted too Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to Snowheads.

I'd encourage people to watch the videos for all 10 entrants, and then vote on the video they feel is the best.

It wouldn't really be in the spirit of the competition to try and rig the votes would it?

EDIT I wish him luck though, and he looks to be a promising rider. In a couple of years time he will have a real shot at winning a comp of this nature.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 26-02-10 20:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MagSeven wrote:
Welcome to Snowheads.

I'd encourage people to watch the videos for all 10 entrants, and then vote on the video they feel is the best.

It wouldn't really be in the spirit of the competition to try and rig the votes would it?

And that kid's not going to win based on what's in those 10 videos. There's 3 or 4 others in there that are way ahead of him in terms of skill and technique. In fairness to him, the kids winning are 11-13 years old, so bound to be significantly better, they're stronger and have had longer to practice.

I'm all for supporting local talent, but it's a vote where people are asked to vote for the best video. Sure, we'll go on the site and do that, but we're not going to vote for the kid just because he's from down the road. Wouldn't exactly be fair for some of the other kids on there regardless of where they're from, would it?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agree with MagSeven, there are some cracking good young skiers on there!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The 13 year old kid, Stian Svedsen, will be getting my vote!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep thats the one I went for after watching them all
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes they are all great and of course each must vote according to their preference and remember that other riders have got giant campaigns driving their votes forward.
I've had the pleasure of seeing young Mason in practice sessions and his video doesn't begin to showcase what he can do. I have full confidence he's going to go far in his chosen sport.
Good luck to all of them and keep trucking Mason, you’ve done a tremendous job in a country with no mountains! Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
arv, but he's already a massive dirty park rat!

Plus he started the video with no poles. Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
He gets my vote, sometimes you have to back your own even if their not the best, as mentioned at his age a couple of years makes a massive differance.

Spirit of the Competition, how wonderfully 1930's that view is, of course no other skiers will have a local campaign behind them to gather votes "not"
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Doublenile wrote:
Good luck to all of them and keep trucking Mason, you’ve done a tremendous job in a country with no mountains! Very Happy

Sorry but what have I been skiing on this season then or is the south of England now a country in it's own right?

It's ignorant comments like that that don't exactly enthuse me into voting at all, however I have surveyed the vids and made my mind up on merit (although in reality it's really a vote for the best video).
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snowfall2008, Doublenile, adie, - and other members of Pimp My Kids R Us, I refer you to the Gold thread on this. Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy