Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sounding out: Surrey(ish) SnowHeads trip to Scotland< Mid week early March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Scottish conditions are calling me and I have never been.

I know a few things:

It is a long drive from where I live
I can't go except for the weekdays of 8-12 March, flexible which of those days.
I have a Subaru Legacy Estate with winter tyres, the road conditions hold no fear, this will go anywhere.
I need co driver(s) and ski companion(s) who will share the petrol costs and can make those dates.

So nothing definate yet, but potentially....anyone interested in filling the car?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rungsp, interesting... tho petrol's going to cost a packet to get all the way up there. I could be up for this, depending on dates and if I can get the time off work.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm interested. The clincher would be if we could pick a fight with a few Scottish blokes and avenge the atrocities committed by William Wallace.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kevin mcclean, School gates at 4

Your claimed

snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rungsp, Couple o' things... Scotrail - give 'em a call, the phone is picked up by a human and you may be surprised at how cheap it can be. Sleeper train leaves Euston late evening drops you at Aviemore or Fort William for brekkie. Personally, I'd head for Aviemore and do Cairngorm. I used to drive London to Aviemore a lot but these days the bit from London to to the industrial north is so unpredictable that I'd either drive overnight or fly/train. Recently I went up (luckily for meetings) but didn't get to ski because Cairngorm was still being dug out. A long way to go to sit in the bar frankly - there is only so much folk music a bloke can take. It's still dumping up there and I reckon your chances are better in April or even May - the Spring skiing can be epic. You could find yourself driving all that way and being snowed or wind-ed off. Go do it though, it's a must, but this season no hurry.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rungsp, if you decide to go at a later date as Bode Swiller suggests, I'd be up for this (as I'm off to Arabba for a week on 6th March).

Bode Swiller, I've looked into the sleeper option myself before but I found it difficult to make out how you would get to the slopes from Aviemore or from Fort William. I heard tell of one or two buses that run infrequent services but can you shed any light on this?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowshine,
Quote:
I've looked into the sleeper option myself before but I found it difficult to make out how you would get to the slopes from Aviemore or from Fort William

Dont know about Ft. William but from Aviemore Main St. there is a bus.... and I mean a normal stagecoach bus.... that runs to the top car park.

Cheers
Bob
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowshine, There definitely is a bus from Aviemore but can't find the timetable on the web. I know it leaves from outside the station. Good thing is that it drops you at the Day Lodge and no parking issues or shuttle busses from the Ciste to worry about. A good trip is to use sleeper train to Aviemore, walk over the road to the Cairngorm Hotel (I paid £55 single room b&b in Jan and it felt like a steal) dump gear, have brekkie and then wander back over the road for the ski bus (or, if there are a few of you a taxi van won't hurt too much). Ski, come back, check in, bar, nice Indian restaurant just down the road, few more bars, night club, brawl, bed, simples (only joking). Going home is a cinch as you just need to be on the station by around 9:30pm, wake up in Euston. Driving nearly 600 miles each way in the UK is a lottery - so, train it or it's easyJet to Inverness and hire a cheap motor.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If for some reason I was in a different country I would be ALL over this.

ROADTRIP!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There is a bus that stops by in Nevis Rnage too, not sure of the ins and outs. Give them an email...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You canreturn fly Gatwick to Inverness for about a ton.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, that's a huge luggage allowance
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You can book the sleeper from the Scotrail website. Individuals will have to share a cabin but if ther eare two then you have one to yourselves.

Journey price £247.00
2 Adult(s) 0 Child(ren)
Out:
21:16 (Fri 05 Mar)
London Euston (EUS) to Aviemore (AVM) Arrive 7.41am and ski all day
0 change(s)

ski all day Sat and Sunday
Return:
21:08 (Sun 07 Mar)
Aviemore (AVM) to London Euston (EUS) Arrive at work on Monday Morning with massive smile on face at 7.47am
0 change(s)

I should work for the tourist board. Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OOps didn't see the dates you can go.

So for those dates you can get for less. Same arrival times as above.

Journey summary
Journey price £119.50
1 Adult(s) 0 Child(ren)
Out:
21:16 (Mon 08 Mar)
London Euston (EUS) to Aviemore (AVM)
0 change(s)
Return:
21:28 (Fri 12 Mar)
Aviemore (AVM) to London Euston (EUS)
0 change(s)
ski holidays