Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How does ski touring work?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is probably a daft question but one which interests me. Are bindings adaptable so that free healing and typical down hill skiing (i.e. not telemark skiing) is possible. If so can this be applied to any ski/boots. I also assume skins are needed to move uphill?

I have ever only skied downhill having taken a lift up but this is something I would one day like to do, with the correct supervision of course!

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jakemanc,
Thats pretty much how it works.The heel piece of the binding is released when you ascend. You lock it down and use ski it like a normal alpine binding on the way down

Most work with normal boots Fritschi Diamir and Marker Barron or Duke are examples of these.
Touring boots do make it easier to ascend in.

Dynafit bidnings work differently and require special boots. These are much lighter than they other options.

Yes skins are required the pile on them pointd to the tail of the ski so they glide in one direction and grip in the other.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Binding known as AT, Alpine Touring, French call it 'Randonee' which is also the french word for "Can't Telemark" Laughing
Do it properly and learn to telemark..........but then again I am bias Very Happy

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 26-02-10 19:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rocksteadee, I thought AT stood for Alpine Touring?

Anyway, have to agree that Telemark is preferable. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alastair Pink,
Quote:

I thought AT stood for Alpine Touring?

Quite right, I knew that Embarassed

Having said that have heard it called All Terrain
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Alastair Pink, Don't know what you mean
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy