Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting to Courchevel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is for next season.

Does anyone know of a particulary good way to get a party of 8 from GVA to Courchevel on a Tuesday? A coach seems the only reasonable option; any others?

Does anyone know if there is a sensible rail route London to Moutiers (day or night) to arrive on a Tuesday (the snowtrains are weekends only, SFAIK)?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
richmond,

Hire a 9 seater Mercedes van through Holiday Autos. We hired one in January and it cost about £360 with 8 of us + luggage travelling (£45 + £5 fuel each). Takes about 2.5 hours via Annecy then Albertville (don't bother with the Motorway to Annecy). I don't think you'll get a direct train to Moutiers midweek, but you could investigate Eurostar to Paris, TGV to Lyon(?) then local train to Moutiers - although this would probably take the best part of a whole day and I personally wouldn't bother....... Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
richmond, I'm pretty certain there will be regular trains from Paris to Moutiers but you will probably have to go across paris to change stations
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
richmond, There are direct trains every night in the week from Paris Austerlitz to Moutiers Brides Les Bains. Dep. around 10.30pm, arrive around 7.00am. Alternatively there are TGV trains in the day from Paris Gare de Lyon to Chambery, and change for Moutiers. So train is possible, and could be timed to give you an extra day's skiing. On the other hand, I suspect you'll find it cheaper to fly if you are travelling mid week.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hywel, whom did you hire from?

Thanks folks. I suspect that the 'plane to GVA and a transfer (coach or car hire) will be cheapest, but train might be pleasanter.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
richmond wrote:
Hywel, whom did you hire from?

The car hire was with Hertz, but was booked through Holiday Autos. I think (?) that it's cheaper than booking directly with Hertz. Holiday Autos' price is all inclusive and you can pay a few quid to cover any excess you may pay. PLUS in Geneva Airport the car we hired was provided with winter tyres and snow chains FOC.
The train journey is worthwhile if you travel out on the Friday and return on the Saturday night, but time wise, it is a long journey.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Talk to John at 3VT. Nice warm mini-bus door to door with knowledgeable English driver. No parking hassles. Nobody needs to drive. £70 return each this year for 6 of us.

http://www.3vt.co.uk/

No connection except as a very satisfied customer.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chris Bish, that looks great. Cheaper than the bus, and no waiting. Thanks.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
richmond, if you book with John mention snowHeads. I've been trying to get him to take an ad (maybe even give a discount..) snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Having read everything properly, I now see that 3VT is not cheaper than the bus, but looks well worth the extra.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy