Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Touring holiday April 10-17 for £200!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Here's a great offer if you can fit it in. I am booked on a hut to hut Tour of the Valais region from Haute Nendaz, taking in parts of the Haute Route area, guided by Andy Teasdale April 10-17. Due to work pressures I cant take the time off so I have to drop out, My place is available at a discounted cost of £200. (I paid £300, so will subsidise £100) You would need about 600 SFr for huts and food over the week. Usual touring equipment needed, Standard is Touring Intermediate, Purple Off Piste. The trip is part of the Eagles Ski Club programme, but you dont have to join the Eagles to join this group. Here are the details:

This tour is aimed at those who have recently completed the “Introduction to Ski Touring” training course recently, and are looking to undertake a first tour. It is also suitable for those who would like an interesting and exciting tour to refresh their hut to hut ski touring skills as we undertake a six day journey with five nights spent in huts. The journey starts in Nendaz and follows variations of the Haute Route in a fantastic circuit that finishes in Les Hauderes. Guided by Andy Teasdale IFMGA. Date: 10th – 17th Apr 2010

Standard: E2 (Normal hut to hut tour, 800-1200, ascent/day) S2 (experienced off piste skier) M2 Limited Mountaineering experience - should be able to tie in to a rope, carry ice axe and crampons)

This is an ideal week for keen and adventurous skiers to develop their hut to hut ski touring skills. Off-piste skiing is an integral part of ski touring, therefore it is advisable that you have a reasonable standard of off-piste ski technique. On some days you can expect to be skiing all day, carrying essential kit, so a good level of fitness is recommended.

Sat 10th

Meet in Evolene at a hotel to be arranged. 7pm.

Sun 11th

Taxi to Nendaz, then ski to the Prafleuri hut via the Rosablanche.

Mon 12th

Prafleuri hut to Dix hut via Pantalons Blanc and Pte du Vasevay.

Tues 13th

Dix to Chanrion hut via Pigne d’Arolla and Les Portons or Brenay glacier.

Wed 14th

Chanrion to Nacamuli hut via Col de l’Eveque and Becca Vannetta.

Thurs 15th

Nacamuli to Bertol hut via Col de Valpelline.

Fri 16th

Bertol to Les Hauderes via the Ferpecle Glacier. Taxi back to Evolene.

Sat 17th

Travel home.

Travel: You can fly to Geneva. Train to Sion, then postbus to Evolene. It might be possible to arrange a late flight home on the Friday night if required. The tour should be finished by mid afternoon on the Friday, unless we hit the lifts at La Forclaz.

Anyone interested? pm me/contact me at richardbird@yahoo.com

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 24-02-10 23:27; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dickyb, that looks like a superb route. Assuming the £200 is just the guide cost it is still remarkably cheap. We paid a lot more (850 Euros all inclusive) doing the standard Haute Route from Chamonix using Chamonix guides. From memory the huts were about 50-60chf half board and we usually just made some sandwiches out of the breakfast stuff to eat on the route. You're usually back to the next hut by 2pm where you can get lunch and more importantly booze Toofy Grin

I'd heartily recommend this to anyone out there with reasonable off piste skills and good fitness. The Haute Route is a great experience for anyone who loves the mountains.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes it looked great to me. Not the classic Houte Route but a sort of exploration into its heartland. Breaks my own heart that I cant make it because of that 4 letter word w**k. Anyone tempted?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy