Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair Baggage Question - Sorry!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We (2 of us) fly to Friedrichshafen from Stansted with Ryanair in a couple of weeks and I am trying to decide what to with regards to ski carriage etc. Ideally we want to take 2 pairs of skis and 2 pairs of boots, so far I have paid for 2 x hold baggage with a 15kg weight allowance:

Can I pay £80 for 1 x ski carriage and use a double bag and put 2 pairs of skis and poles in as long as I stay within the 20kg allowance? ...

Or do I have to pay for 2 x ski carriage at £160 use 2 single bags and put clothes etc in up to the weight allowance of 20kg per bag? ....

With both of these options I was going to put both boots in hand luggage bags within the size restrictions. Can I get away with this?

The baggage policy on Ryanair does not go into too much detail and I was obviously hoping to get away with the double bag option which is £80 cheaper.

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers

Kais
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=58982&start=0
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

boots in hand luggage bags

dont do this with ryanair. its ok with some other airlines not with them.
AFAIK if you check in skis the boots are not a problem even in separate pack.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When I checked my skis in with Ryanair the other week the person on the check in desk was amazed mine only weighed 9kgs. She said most people stuff them to the full 20kgs. I asked her if this was ok to do and she answered that no it was not but they dont open the bag and check.

Pack your hand baggage up to the 10kgs with clothes, pop your ski boots in the hold bags and only pay for one lot of ski carriage.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kaiser846,

Once within the 20kg limit they dont look in the ski bag. If you are not exactly sure how much your ski bag weighs, go to a vacant check in desk, the scales will be on. Use this to weigh your bag, to see if you are over the limit. Boots in hand luggage isnt a Ryanair issue (once within the size and weight limits). I think in Grenoble (airport security) boots in hand luggage prohibited, All RA care about is the size of the hand luggage bag, they have been known to weigh hand luggage but this is v rare,

We generally travel with a ski bag each and hand luggage. Skis boots poles helemet and some clothes in ski bag up to 20kg

One thing worth buying is a small weighing scales for luggage about €10 on dealextreme.com
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I find the only way to actually use my whole 10kg hand luggage allowance with RA is to carry 10kg of lead or mercury as these are the only element dense enough to hit the weight without exceeding the size limit... Laughing

On a serious note you can probably get one ski boot each in hand luggage but not 2 as the luggage then won't fit in Ryan airs 2cm x 4cm x 10cm luggage rack.... they may pic u up on 2 pairs of ski's in one bag... just depends on the mood of the check in staff at the time as its a complete lottery...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy