Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

24 year old female skiier looking to join group end of March/early April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm looking to join a group for a ski break from mid March onwards, not fussy where!
Has anyone got any spaces?

Hope to hear from you

Nicci
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm thinking of heading out to the UCPA in Tignes the first week in April if that's of any interest? I'm 28, will ski pretty much anything, some bits with more style than others!!
Vicky
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
whats the UCPA thing like? I'm looking to do another week end of March.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
wistful sigh
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm 28 y.o. skier of an intermediate level.

I've planned my journey for next after Easter weekend.
((Thu 8 Apr - Sun 11 Apr 2010))
Destination: Chamonix
As I found out, it is situated high enough for good snow conditions in early April.
An adequately priced accommodation I found was on Booking.com
(my double room for single use is ~52 EUR / night in Hotel des Lacs, good location)
Spectacular views expected, as very high Mont-Blanc mountain should be very close.
This is an option without catering, but you may search for half-board or full-board basis.

Flight: London - Geneva (~100 GBP) Easyjet.com

Transfer from Geneva airport to Chamonix or nearby villages: 25 EUR one way (http://www.chamexpress.com/Timetables.html)

Transfer London - Stanstead airport ~18 GBP (http://www.nationalexpress.com/)

All together for 3 nights: ~300 GBP

Meals, ski pass and equipment hire cost should be also kept in mind.
I wouldn't refuse a company, Chamonix is known as an area with great night life.

See you there!
Alexander wink

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 4-03-10 0:29; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi

I'm also 24yo and looking for a trip somewhere mid-march onwards for a week. I'm not fussy on where but would love to join some others or arrange something to get away. Please let me know if you're interested in joining up. I'm based in London and intermediate skier.

Tom
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mastin, no R in Chamonix. You are right that it usually still has god snow in April although note that this is only the Grands Montets area. This is the biggest and arguably best area and is most suitable for advanced skiers (although also fine for confident intermediates). The other areas are much lower and mainly South facing so not so reliable in April
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bobinch, thank you for the information. I was just about to correct an error in Chamonix Smile Hopefully, there will be enough snow. Madeye-Smiley

I'm skiing in Meribel in the middle of March, so it will hopefully refresh my skills after a big break. (last time I managed to ski last year only once in Nevis Range, Scotland, but fell down twice,
once considerably painful, because of a poor visibility and extremely strong wind. So my left had was in pain for the rest of last season. Sad

I'm also planning my trip in the end of April, most likely to Tigres. As far as I found out, it should be still skiable there while huge discount could be obtained )))
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Nicci,
I'm currently trying to get a groupd together to ski/board on the 13th.
So far there's me and another guy, both 25, board beginner. There is another 22 girl, she is a skier.
We are looking to fly from london, but we're on a budget ~£500.
Looking at Austria or Bulgaria
contact me on kukwanho@yahoo.com.hk if you are still looking for someone to join together
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi,

I'm 28, an intermediate skier, looking to head in april to anywhere with snow. If any of you above have any made any further plans and still have space I would love to hear from you...

Thanks
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi All
I've just joined a small group going to Chamonix sat 27th march staying at UCPA. Possibly still spaces, see www.action-outdoors.co.uk for details. If not, happy to meet up for drink.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes, catch up with us in UCPA, 27 March, look at this thread:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=62129&sid=af02dce2e0964c99e2a4fc29baf6d09f
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Come with us! We're off to Les Arcs

We are going to The Mont Blanc in Peisey Vallandry with a group of 11 mixed ability skiers who know this area inside out and love to guide and explore off piste. Ages are varied but we have 16, 19,21 and 22 year old skiers in the group two of which are advanced skiers who would love an additional skier of their age group to join them! The remaining members are aged between 35 and 65 so we certainly are a mixed bunch!

We are staying at the Mont Blanc (ski in - ski out) and we have 7 places available to fill within the next 7 days due to last minute cancellations (one couple, the wife has anteria cruciate ligament damage from an earlier ski holiday this year and a couple of pals from a group of 5, have had to change their holiday dates due to work commitments, so we have been left short to fill all 18 places.

The deal is this....coach travel there and back, coach picks up on a Friday 25th March and arrives in the resort early Sat morning and leaves 5.00pm following Saturday so you actually get 8 days skiing for the price of 6 as you can ski both Saturdays! Breakfast of Porridge, cereals, french bread and jam, eggs and bacon, afternoon tea and 3 course evening meal with wine if you want it. Six day local ski pass and lifts are literally seconds away so no need to walk anywhere!

I need to know as soon as possible if you can make it, ideally today. Cost all in is £575.00 which can't be beaten anywhere and is well over £100 off the normal price if booked in advance. Give us a call on 07815695970.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy