Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Converting to BASI

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
clarky999, i seem to remember from other guys i met that you get exempted for the level below what you hold so i guess for you it would just be the L1 which isnt great....

yeah a couple grand min including pass and accomodation
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
clarky999 compare that with the offer currently available in Salzburgerland being run by the SBSSV - 495 Euros for the Landeskilehrer Part 1

http://www.sbssv.at/de/ausbildung/weiterbildungskurse/

Salzburg are seriously looking at translating all their courses into English so they can be offered parallel to the German ones. I am a friend of the Obmann and he is pushing me to do a lot of the translation work! He has not yet asked what I would charge though!

Salzburg seem more open to using/training non-Austrian speaking instructors from what I've seen and heard. But it is still probably worth getting your German up to par anyway if you are going to be based here most of the time.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
clarky999, Not much change from 6 or 7k depending on how you do it and your location. If you allow maybe £1000 per week of courses I'll bet you will not be far away, especially if you are UK based. (Including accommodation / passes / etc. etc.)

edit for clarification

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 24-02-10 17:48; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
clarky999 compare that with the offer currently available in Salzburgerland being run by the SBSSV - 495 Euros for the Landeskilehrer Part 1

http://www.sbssv.at/de/ausbildung/weiterbildungskurse/

Salzburg are seriously looking at translating all their courses into English so they can be offered parallel to the German ones. I am a friend of the Obmann and he is pushing me to do a lot of the translation work! He has not yet asked what I would charge though!

Salzburg seem more open to using/training non-Austrian speaking instructors from what I've seen and heard. But it is still probably worth getting your German up to par anyway if you are going to be based here most of the time.

I'm currently with the Tirolerschilehrerverband, but I was planning on switching to the Salzburger one anyway, everyhting is so much clearer and easier to understand, especially the website and the progression ladder. It's easy to do as well, just fill in a form. I would be very interested if you have any more info about them translating the courses though?!

So BASI 3 is around £5000ish, and full Landes 2 is around 1500 euros?! I think I've decided lol!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Samerberg Sue,
me tooo!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
clarky999, PM me and we can exchange contact details!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Samerberg Sue, Interesting stuff. Let me know if anything comes of it ?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Samerberg Sue, Done.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
clarky999, Replied!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Is Landeskilehrer Part 1 the ISIA level? How many hours training does it involve? Does it include off piste, race training etc?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
clarky999, Just a thought...

There is a company in the Netherlands who run trainingcourses towards Landes on the Kitzsteinhorn or Hintertux glaciers. The courses are in german, by Staatlichen+ from the WSSV (Vienna).
700 euro per week incl half board (basic) accomodation, skipass and 6 full days of tuition.
Gives both the chance to improve german (doing Anwärter worked miracles for me) and improve your skiing towards Landes. (even if you don't want to switch to Vienna)

snowsportsacademy.nl (info@ for mail)

beanie1, LS1 is not ISIA, you need both parts and the mountain saveity (Alpinkurs) course for ISIA

LS1 involves a GS run on technique, LS2 is timed and you need to be within so many % of a proper skier.

Before LS1 you need 10 days of skischool work, and before LS2 another 10 days for an austrian school.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
beanie1 wrote:
Is Landeskilehrer Part 1 the ISIA level? How many hours training does it involve? Does it include off piste, race training etc?

Yep Landes 2 is ISIA. The full landeslehrer course is 10 days to get Landes 1, one week alpine course (offpiste schizzle), then another 10 day course.

Ronald - that's interesting but as a very skint student I can't really afford to pay E700 just for training atm - 'twill be a struggle just to get enough money to pay for Landes 1!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
clarky999, Well In case you have the level to pass LS1, its obviously a waste to go to a mere training week...

For me personally, I think I do need it Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy