Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help!! alternate resort, my tour operator just cancelled my holiday!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
Just looking for some advice,I was due to fly to Livigno with my friend 6th March but got phone call from the tour operators saying that due to the decreased amount of people travelling they were cancelling the trip. they offered me two choices- full refund of the choice of Bansko for the same price or france which is about 300 dearer!!

Anybody got any other resort recommendations, all that seems to be available for my dates is arinsal, saalbach ete.. (flying from dublin)

Just want somewhere with mixed levels of runs and lively nightlife...
Any help/ advice really appreciated, i have to ring back the operators tomorrow..

Thanks again.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Saalbach would be a good choice for "mixed levels of runs and lively nightlife", so if it is available at something close to the price you had paid for Livigno, I'd take it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Weather dependent head to Andorra.Fly to barcelona, about 1.5-2.5 hours by bus, cheap as chips and great craic!!

p.s. I'd recommend Pas De la Casa
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Definately not Bansko for the same price, france in general does seem a lot more expensive this year not just the Euro having its effect either
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
what did you pay? I certainly wouldn't choose bankso - I'd imagine you can find a better late deal with the refund? That said I fly from London which helps LOTS with availability. aj xx
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
crowlef2, I agree with alex_heney, Saalbach would suit well, IMO a better resort & ski area by far than Livingo.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
would there still be good snow in these resorts in march?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks again for al the help, appreciate it.

paid about 500 euro for flight and accom.... if fly from london the baggage allowence will be fairly poor.
Would Saalbach be lively/ expensive?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
crowlef2, probably not as cheap as Livingo ( or Bansko, but i wouldnt recommend) but cheaper than France.

Nightlife in Saalbach can be nice hotel bars, lively apres with cheesy euro pop, or strip joints wink something for everyone Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Which tour op were you booked with?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
for 500e you can afford to wait till last min and get a good deal. if all else fails Bansko it is
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If my TO cancelled my holiday I would no longer trust them. Ask for a full refund and book with some one else.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What a nightmare, ours got cancelled last year too but they were able to send us to the same place, just 2 weeks earlier.

Try to go to Andorra - Arinsal or Pas will have the best nightlife but if you are more interested in good skiing with a bit of a tamer nightlife try Soldeu
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
keep waiting till next week i would if i were u.
Go on one of the main websites and have a look on this saturday, sometimes early last minute deals.
Then go back on monday and wait till you find something cheap and good.
I've enjoyed alps duez for all round fun and good nightlife.
interactiveresorts.co.uk
ifyouski.com
igluski.com
all good for last minute stuff.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The weather at Saalbach is not fantastic either at the moment but it should get better (colder).

http://www.wetter.at/wetter/sport-freizeit/ski-wetter/oesterreich/salzburg/saalbach-hinterglemm-leogang
latest report
As there are only two of you and you are pretty flexible, if it were me, I'd get a refund and start checking the listing sites such as Iglu.
latest report
it was with panorama holidays, been using then for years for ski/ sun holidays, really not impressed- def wont be using or recommending them again..

I've seen some good deals to pas de la casa! Any opinions??

Thanks all again
snow report
ski miguel had one room left at bad gastein yesterday at £399 half board
snow conditions
pas is decent skiing - easily comparable with livingo. Town is lively but ugly as sin and some hotels horrible. If you are ok with 1star type accomodation and rowdy hotel-mates you'll probably be fine. Better than Bansko certainly imo. aj xx
snow report
crowlef2, I'd say PDLC has a much better ski area in comparison to Livingo, the whole area is connected, whereas Livingo has two seperate areas across the valley which are not connected.

Livingo: Cheap, good food, better accomodation - ok ski area.
Pas: Cheap, ugly resort, hillside location, good ski area, lively.

If i had to pick it would be PDLC, make sure you check the accomodation reviews on TA first tho.
snow report
Andora, which has good snow right now, just had some over the last couple of days, i think....

good cheap and fun
or as said b4 hit those sites and just see what u can find. seem to be some great deals for that week at the moment.
have u trawled here on sh looking for ppl needing 2 extra. can be good situ for barganing
snow report
crowlef2, Panorama deserved to be named and shamed! Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy