Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA cabin crew strike ballot - outcome due today

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have to say my previsous precious little sympathy for the cabin crew is now non-existent.

If Walsh manages to steer the company through this, running flights and keeping BA afloat, then frankly he will deserve his (albeit quite offensive) massive salary.

I fly on the 23rd, so technically my outbound is not affected meaning I should make it to the slopes of Breck and A-Basin. I've never skied/boarded in the US and been looking forward to it since booking last August.

That said it's the day after the strike so I suspect planes and crews could be in the wrong places so Im assuming there is still a risk of cancellation.

The second strike 27-30th hits my return date, but I suppose if they don't manage to run the flight the worst is they may re-route me via another airline or I have to sit it out a few days extra. (going to screw up my annual leave, but at least I'll have had my holiday).

Fingers crossed it works out ok.

I hope other snowheads manage to get to their hols.

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
Unite stands willing to work with British Airways to restore its industrial relations, its image and its prospects, provided we have a willing partner on the management side

Just who is it that keeps trashing that image? 'Willing partner'? WTF do Unite think they are? I really hope WW breaks this lot. If not and as we enter difficult times for all, McCluskey will think he can break the whole country.

Len McCluskey has one of those faces that you would never tire of punching.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Really sad to see once again a union trying its hardest to take down the company that pay's their members wages (though of course those running said union are perfectly safe on their fat pay cheques from said union....)
If I had my way I'd ban the lot of them!

I like flying BA, given a choice more often than not I would chose to fly with them. But this year because of the threat of strikes I booked with someone else (rather thankful that I did too as if I hadnt I'd have been stuck because of the strike.) Many friends and family are doing exactly the same as well, and its certainly starting to get to the point where it looks like BA really are going to go under (or at least end up having to make huge cost savings to stay in business.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So from that I'd interpret it's best to cancel your flight NOW whilst they'll still give you a refund. If you leave it until they announce firm plans you can't get a refund unless your flight is cancelled - but of course they might cancel it at the last minute leaving you stranded.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Booked holiday Tuesday on a flight from Heathrow with a TO and on a BA flight out on 27th March. The start of the second planned strike. Not looking good really Sad

I wonder if the TO is planning on how they'll deal with the inevitable problems those striking @rseholes are causing. Phone call tomorrow if they're open.

"We won't disrupt Easter"....selfish gits Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The strikers have offered BA the full savings that have been asked for by BA, but with pay cuts instead of losing the one member of the the long haul flights (BA had not asked for paycuts). BA have not accepted the offer.

It takes two to tango
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rayscoops, this is certainly a strange dispute, and not reminiscent of old-fashioned union militancy IMV. Are the union-proposed pay cuts just equivalent to the cost of the extra crew member, or do they also match the lower terms BA wants for new and promoted staff? I have the feeling that the management is looking for a radical long-term reduction in its costs (toward those of other airlines), which the union offer doesn't meet.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

but with pay cuts instead of losing the one member

Less members, less subs to the Union, perhaps less big handouts at the top? Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
laundryman, a mixture I believe that equated to the £63 million (or whatever the figure is) including a 2.5% (ish) paycut, but in different cost centers to those proposed by BA.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy