Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland (prob Nevis and Glencoe) this weekend 26-28 / 02

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Right after seeing some great pics on here and also on winterhighland I am seriously thinking of driving up this Friday evening to ski at Nevis on Saturday and hopefully get to ski the back corries. Will stay in either fort William sat night or might try the crianlarich hotel. Will prob ski glencoe Sunday for a quicker getaway for the long drive back to London. The only thing that will stop this trip is a bad weather forecast.

I have done this quite a few times before and although knackering it's great fun and also not too expensive.

Any snowheads skiing up there this weekend That fancy a meet up please let me know.
I also have room for one (and kit) in the motor so if there is another crazy snowhead who fancys a trip to the hills let me know too.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davedaveqpr, sorry to butt in and be a killjoy but is this really fun. All being well it would be what an 8 hour car journey up on Friday, so getting there early hours. And the same back Sunday night. And you driving the whole way. And Scotland is hardly the most reliable place. Can't make the trip, kind of just concerned for your sanity/safety. Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
daveqpr, the forecast looks potentially epic. Worth checking out Winterhighland for a higher concentration of Scottish skiers but all going well I should be up Friday/Saturday/Sunday. There is a Scotland thread in the snow reports too which would be worth a look.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Layne,

thanks for your concern. Yea it's a little crazy but I don't really mind that. As I have said I have done this many times before so can make my own judgement from my own expeirience and knowledge. So once again thanks, but no need for your concern
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmm I am tempted to go too, but was thinking of jumping on the train to Glasgow and then driving from there (well my friend who lives in Glasgow might drive). Will keep you posted. The forecast for the weekend looks promising and the snow is still falling at present I think.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
daveqpr, would definitely have been up for a long trip from London, but unfortunately have to move house this weekend Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
be sure to check the road conditions first folks, pretty challenging at the moment to say the least. Tonights dump and wind will tell a lot, but this weekend could end up being pretty limited due to access issues. Amazing amount of snow has fallen in Aviemore since this time last night, still coming too. Ski road shut beyond Glenmore, and none-too-clever (but passable) between Aviemore and Glenmore. Should the weather ease off in time then things will be great, but bear in mind there's a lot of digging/ploughing to be done in and around the resorts themselves, let alone on the main routes up here!

All that said, daveqpr's idea sounds totally worth the effort provided the weather clears in time. Keep a close eye on weather and road conditions (local radio (via web - mfr.co.uk will cover a fair chunk of the country, not sure if they take in the western/southern centres' roads ) always a good place for up-to-date road conditions), and if you do get a green (or even amber!) light, then have at it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
daveqpr, I would love to come up I'm located in sheffield but can get a train pretty cheaply to warrington which you would all but drive thorough. I would be happy to pay my share of the petrol costs. Are you interested in a passenger/ski buddy?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Layne, Scotland has had some of the best snow conditions in europe for the last month or so , settled weather and regular top up's of powder and now we have just had the mother of all dumps , and the weather this weekend is looking good , just need the ski resorts to open , but I will understand if they cant due to the amount of snow they have had in the last 24 hours , have you ever skied in 60-100cm of powder , I will be , even if I need to skin my way up. Happy days.......come and see for yourself , it will take you a bit of time , but hey dont slag it till youv'e tried it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scot_Ski, Wasn't slagging it mate. I am very jealous of you guys that are withing striking distance. Just can't believe driving up from London on a Friday night and back on a Sunday is physically possible or desirable. Maybe I'm just an old Fitzwilliam Toofy Grin

Layne
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would love to be up there this weekend but i just cant afford it. probably £250 all in leaving on a friday and returning on a sunday. Maybe next weekend is a possibility, let all the mayhem, die down from the bumper snowfalls. *if i win the lottery on Saturday night i will pay for every snowhead to go to scotland and try out the amazing conditions*

*NB. The lottery win has to be more than £100,000. Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Have decided not to go due to the excessive snow!!!! Sad Sad

Might go at a later date Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy