Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What injury have I sustained?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. Been away for a while but thanks for the comments, advice and support. The injury has been diagnosed as an acromioclavicular joint ligament tear (I think). Painful. Have seen a physio, Dr, etc and will probably get it MRI'd shortly if things don't pick up.

Nice to 'see' you all again and thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome back Kevin.

And good to see you have a diagnosis: Acromio-clavicular joint disruption or Separated shoulder. Well done DB for getting it right.

But I must agree with ccl, 6ozDave, and stoatsbrother: asking a ski forum for a diagnosis is daft.
Young Mcclean is not alone in this. There are lots of similar threads.
Still, no one should think you can diagnose medical problems by text or phone.
The Swine Flu Hotline fiasco demonstrated this: Daily Mail, The Guardian. The Sun

I have two concerns
1. People might accept a wrong opinion and come to harm.
2. Professionals kindly giving their opinion might be vulnerable should their opinion cause harm - I have asked the Medical Defence Union about this.

They do have some general advice about Providing Medical Advice Through the Media, but "where a doctor may become drawn into giving advice or comments to unknown individuals over an internet forum" there seems to be no clear guidance.

Regarding the possibility of a "Duty of Care", they replied: "You question whether a “duty of care” arises. This is an important question because of course where a duty of care arises it is possible it could be breached and in those circumstances a claim in negligence might be brought. The establishment or otherwise of a duty of care is something that would be dependent upon the individual circumstances of every case and in the event of any dispute would fall to the courts to be decided.
I regret that at this moment in time it is impossible for me to give a blanket answer that there is absolutely no duty of care in the circumstances you describe or that there is always a duty of care and I suspect that the real answer falls somewhere between the two dependent upon the individual circumstances of the case
."

So now you know Confused
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jonpim, professional negligence liability in these circumstances isn't very straightforward and that's why I never give legal advice in this way (or indeed at all, now, because I am no longer insured to do so.) We are really lucky that you and the other doctors on here go as far as you do with giving advice and I'd hate to think that this would ever backfire on any of you.

Thanks for your post.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonpim wrote:
Welcome back Kevin.

And good to see you have a diagnosis: Acromio-clavicular joint disruption or Separated shoulder. Well done DB for getting it right.

So what did I win? Wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Axsman wrote:
kevin mcclean, Were you wearing a helmet? Little Angel

Just imagine the pain if they'd landed on your helmet! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So what happened to you? nothing much just two french girls landed on my helmet.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
funny reading your post. ive done the exact same thing cant lift my arm over my head without extreme pain. i did it 4 weeks ago and to be honest it aint much better. perhaps i will go to the doctors after all. i feel like i have to use my left arm to lift up my right.... strange.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bookham_mat,

When I separated my shoulder a bump appeared on top of the shoulder (check yours in the mirror). The doctor told me to stop putting cream on I said "why will it go down on it's own" he said "no, it's your bone sticking up and it will stay like that unless you have it operated".
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy