Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Le Foret (Val disere)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
as the the title says:- Hotel Le Foret (Val disere)

anyone stayed there? have heard mixed reviews, not expecting 5* luxury but do want clean and tidy.

Have stayed at hotel Le gentiana on the Tignes side before (same 3* rating as Le Foret) and found it perfectly fine for a weeks skiing.

We are a married couple, both 33yrs of age with no kids. Want a bit of life in holiday, but dont want a week of 17yr kids throwing up and making noise all over the place @ 2am in the hotel if you get my drift Very Happy

cheers for any comments for snowHead who have stayed there

DJ
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pretty sure it is the hotel I stayed in having booked myself in as a singleton some years back. I thought it quite adequate - but a bit basic. Quite a few reviews in Trip Advisor. I don't remember it a noisy - but I was there at low season.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheers for that, when you say some years ago. how far back you going?
Had a m8 stay there 15yrs ago and he said it was the pits. Have read trip advisor, mostly good ish reviews but some very bad also
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was there 3 years ago over new year, rooms were fine, food good but the helpings were too small. Only thing that annoyed me about it was they didn't serve till relatively late making getting first lifts difficult
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tripadvisor, Laughing Laughing Laughing either disgruntled ex staff or Management bigging it up.
Did you know anyone can write a review on any property on Tripadvisor, take whatever is on there with a massive pinch of salt.

For genuine reviews I use www.Activehotels.co.uk which has some standards, the most basic being that you can only write a review if you have stayed in that hotel.
Unfortunately the Hotel Floret is not listed.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
depthjunkie, Hmm. I am trying to remember. Maybe 10 years ago. rambotion's account ties in pretty much with my recollection.

Boredsurfing, do I detect some adverse reviews for a certain hotel? wink Here's a hotel I have used quite a bit - and the reviews seem very fair to me.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
achilles, Yep a friend of mine that has 3 hotels is trying to sue Trip advisor over reviews on 2 of his hotels amongst other things a damning review that was posted by an employee dismissed for theft from a customer. So far with little sucess. Sad
However, I understand that all his properties (Hotels and Restaurants) now have really good regularly posted reviews on Tripadvisor Cool
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing, sorry to see that. As I said, the reviews of the dear old Lutins seem fair - but I can see the risks of open reporting, as well as the benefits.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the advice, booked and going on the 27th March. I guess we will see in the next few weeks what it is like, Have just checked trip advisor again with some current mixed reviews ranging from 4 stars to minus 1 star from one poster.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
depthjunkie, good luck. Do drop a note and tell us how it went.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We stayed for Xmas 2005 and it looked like it had been recently Refurbed, to a modern standard. It was run by Crystal at the time, but it had all Swedish staff, which took some getting used to.

Very clean and 5 mins, flat walk from the Slopes. Good food and apart from us there was only one more couple with children. No couples under 25ish when we was there.

We've been with Neilson (Lda), Ski Total(Tignes) and Ski World (Tignes) and I would say Foret was the best Accomadation/food out of them all. Found the Swedish to be quite serious though.

Only complaint I heard was people on the bottom floors did moan about the noise from the Pub on the corner-below the Hotel.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
extremenik thanks for the info, sounds good. I know in 4 and half yrs things change in hotels etc, but if it was ok then should not be too much different now i guess.

thanks again

Dj
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy