Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Men's ski cross

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Why is this so much quicker than boardercross? It's the same course isn't it?

More stable at speed on skis than a board, also the course looked a lot less icy than on the boarderx days, while there were a few crashes tonight there were a lot more in the boarderx.

Quote:

There's a boarder/skier cross course in Meribel

Resort boarder/skierX courses are nothing like the things these guys race on. Imagine they took all the biggest kickers out of a park and put them in a row: that's pretty much a world cup or Olympic course. You'd be lucky to get more than the equivalent of a couple of green kickers on a course in resort, if it was like the one in Vancouver they may as well put a hospital on site, although most people probably wouldn't go fast enough to get up the ramps.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dwarf Vader wrote:
rob@rar, be worried, she like to see big blokes pushing each another around with a bit of blood Wink

I can take 'em.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Swirly wrote:

Resort boarder/skierX courses are nothing like the things these guys race on.

You make that sound like a bad thing. There's no way I would want to try to get over some of those Olympic jumps, but some thing a bit tamer with some nice rollers instead I go for.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dwarf Vader, me neither. But I was amazed when I went to watch the world cup race in Vessonaz at just how big they are e.g. one jump had a tunnel built in it to allow access across the course, the roof was a good few foot above my head when walking through it, the TV doesn't really do it justice.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ArseneWengen wrote:
Blimey ! I enjoyed the boarder cross but this is something else, it's absolutely mental !!! Hats off to the winner Schmid, he was the only one who managed to stay out of trouble every race. Roll on the women's event !!!!

All of that.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Fan 'kin tastic! We should have one of those at the EoSB instead of the race! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I did a kind of skier cross today - at MK! Laughing Great fun though Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RachelQ wrote:
Fan 'kin tastic! We should have one of those at the EoSB instead of the race! Toofy Grin

Be careful what you wish for Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RachelQ wrote:

agreed - loved it and would really like to have a go!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If there is skiercross at the eosb I'm there!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Peter Ross, ... and I'll be a long way behind you!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Swirly wrote:
Resort boarder/skierX courses are nothing like the things these guys race on.
Err...You don't say ? Here's me thinking the EOSB race was like the Lauberhorn.

RachelQ wrote:
See previous page chuck, keep up. Wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
holidayloverxx wrote:
Peter Ross, ... and I'll be a long way behind you!

I see planning tactics already, are u just waiting for me to go too big and crash!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Loved that, Delbosco's crash in the "Big" final looked horrible in slow motion everything went through his landing leg, it's a wonder it didn't just snap!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Don't want to disappoint you chaps & chapesses, but as a live spectacle, it's a bit, umm, <cough> dull.

The qualification was 33 guys skiiing for 32 places. No 29 fell. The rest made it down. So that was an hour well spent. Then we had to wait an hour & 45 for the elimination rounds to start. Now it did pick up a bit then, but the trouble is that there are too many processional heats and not enough carnage heats. It's also pretty clear that it's a lot easier to control skis than a board on those courses in company, so the boader-x is rather more "tasty" to watch.

Also, Schmid dominated the qually and every one of his heats. The competition was only ever for silver.

Ah - and apparently those two features at the front end of the course are there deliberately to stop one racer getting the best line in the first 10 metres and running away with the race. So the commentators said today.
snow conditions
That was exciting!! snowHead snowHead What great viewing Very Happy
latest report
Quote:

Quote:

There's a boarder/skier cross course in Meribel

Resort boarder/skierX courses are nothing like the things these guys race on. Imagine they took all the biggest kickers out of a park and put them in a row: that's pretty much a world cup or Olympic course. You'd be lucky to get more than the equivalent of a couple of green kickers on a course in resort, if it was like the one in Vancouver they may as well put a hospital on site, although most people probably wouldn't go fast enough to get up the ramps

Like Swirly, says the TV does not do it justice. We had a go at the 'whooping and whapping' and the boarder cross in Meribel, and while it scared the living life out of me, it was nothing near a steep in pitch as that course in Vancouver looks. Was still fun though snowHead Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Isn't there a course in Serre Chevalier somewhere?
ski holidays
greg66 wrote:
Don't want to disappoint you chaps & chapesses, but as a live spectacle, it's a bit, umm, <cough> dull.
Not disappointed at all - I watched it, and it wasn't (Ok the 'qualifying' was a tad tedious) Everyone I know who saw it is raving about how good it was.
Quote:
so the boader-x is rather more "tasty" to watch.
Couldn't agree less Laughing
snow conditions
Dwarf Vader, there was quite a bouncy one in VT last year at the EoSB, just to the left (looking down) of the piste we used for the race. There were no gates set but plenty of rollers and banked bends and it was knackering to ski in the slush and ruts at the end of a day.
snow report
There's 2 in Les Arcs, one in the 2000 bowl, one next to the 1600 parc. The parcs above Mottaret also have one. None of them anywhere near as scary as Vancover. thank God. Although MrsW did do her knee in chasing smallW down the 2000 2 years ago, and lost a coupel of days skiing. Still goes for it tho': we love them!

First one I saw was probably ten years or more ago in La Mongie, running down the LHS of the piste from Col de Tourmalet. ( garbure can tell us if it is still there). That seemed a lot more serious than the play ones now open to the great unwashed.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy