Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Selva in late March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of Selva in late March, anyone got any experience of snow at that time.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes....it can be great.....but I'd check current reports and make a decision...I believe the snow is OK right now...
should be beautiful spring weather...just depends on new snow!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
vsm91 wrote:
Yes....it can be great.....but I'd check current reports and make a decision...I believe the snow is OK right now...
should be beautiful spring weather...just depends on new snow!

+1

Expect spring conditions lower down, best snow high up and north-facing and be pleasantly surprised if you get a storm pass through with some fresh powder!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was there 2 years ago first week in April, no sign of spring conditions, it snowed a lot, was cold, bluebird days were fab.

Going back on 4 April this year, hoping for a rerun (but with fewer whiteouts).

Must also remember to take wallet when skiiing, the oh sorry I can't pay for my lunch moment was a tad embarassing and involved skiing the Sella Ronda again to pay the next day.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, 2 years ago April was great, then they closed the resort with superb conditions still.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Should be good. I might be there in a fortnight.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Considering Selva for end of March. Is it going to be a risk with regards to snow conditions? Have been once before, but in January and then perfect conditions. Should I rather consider other places in Europe for late March skiing? Any advice much appreciated
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Went to selva in 2011 and arabba last year both times late march.

I remember in 2011 the temperatures were crazy hot reps were saying it doesn't get that hot in June still the whole area was open including both directions of the sella ronda conditions were boiler plate in the morning testing in the afternoon still we had one day that was a whiteout that made for a great next day. We also took a day trip to cortina which was disappointing as few runs were open but we also done the hidden valley on the way back which was fantastic. Conditions were great on that run as it was so quiet but had to get the bus home as the horses had gone home for the summer.

Arabba last year wasn't quite as hot remember seeing 25c one day snow wasn't quite as good as the year before don't think it ever freezed at night as conditions were perfect for a couple of hours in the morning again one day was a whiteout that refreshed the slopes a treat. Again the hidden valley was amazing a real one of those things you have to do before your 100 and this time the horses were there.

The snow on the glacier was perfect both years but its a right bitch to get to you, think your almost on it and it looks so close and expect a short chair to the top only to find that the chair doesn't exist and you have to ski down very low to the start of a triple gondola. Which because the gondola starts so low the conditions to it are the worst in the resort and coupled with the limited skiing on the marmolada its something you might only do once.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy