Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Men's Super-G

Poster: A snowHead
Svindal......

Told you so.

Okay I'll take off my smug git hat.

Got to go to a wedding in England tomorrow. Rather be in Glencoe.

Off to get my passport for crossing the border at Gretna. Toofy Grin

cheers
bob
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Final Results

So Ed Drake finished 32 one up on where he started Smile

I find it funny/annoying that the BBC can show all the skiers tonight even though its a big field but not on any of the other races Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, Sorry Rob - he is about as unsympathetic as they come and universally disliked here!

His adverts for the Trentino region have everyone booking for Alto Adige - anywhere except a place that cannot raise even the slightest iota of enthusiasm from the "Name" that is saying it is so great! Please pass me the bucket it just came on to German Eurosport again!

Pity there were not two more racers who could come up and take it from him! I hope he does retire to the "New England Tennis circuit" as he's been quoted as threatening to do!

DAB, in a word, NO! I felt Darren Rhalves was a way better and modester, self-effacing racer, greatly undervalued by the USA ski fans. Miller is a classically show boater and cynical about it as well.

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
God, it's amazing when - set out so clearly like that - you look at the difference between 3, 4 and 5. Poor Heel, and particularly Guay in his home country, being so near and yet so far from the podium.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Samerberg Sue, as I said, he has a marmite factor. Love him or loath him. I love the way he showboats - the sport needs more of it Wink But those ads for Trentino are deeply irritating.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
rob@rar, Sorry Rob - he is about as unsympathetic as they come and universally disliked here!.

Where have we heard that before? Ah yes - Sarajevo 1984.

I'm all about the Klammer and the Maier, but the Austrian Anti-American* stance is a bit old hat.

* Americans capable of beating Austrians.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Got to to say I'm just loving it all this week.
Hope Jaerbyn is ok, as Vader says, great respect for the oldest bloke on the circuit but everything hurts a bit more and gets better a bit slower at his (our rolling eyes) age and can't see him competing again, hope I'm wrong.
And for all his foibles I just can't not like Bode - sport is an entertainment industry, and he entertains.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BOA NEWS ALERT wrote:
Team GB’s Ed Drake secured his highest Olympic Winter Games finish yet with 32nd in the Super-G today (Friday).

Drake’s time of 1:33.20 was 2.86 seconds off the time set by gold medallist Aksel Lund Svindal of Norway.

The 24-year-old from Kingston-upon-Thames, said: "It was good fun today. It was really cool and I really enjoyed it. I skied some sections really well, but there were too many mistakes – that’s ski racing though.

“I didn’t ski as well as I hoped to or wanted to, but I had some good turns in there. It’s just a case of stringing them all together.

"It's no secret that these Games are not really where I'm looking to peak - it's definitely a springboard to the next Olympic Winter Games so I don't go there totally in awe of the occasion. 

"This is where I want to be the whole time - in the thick of it. I want to be in amongst the big boys, It's great to be around these guys, see how they act on the hills and learn from them. I’m enjoying taking in the experience, there’s nothing quite like the Olympic Winter Games.”

Drake finished 38th on his Olympic debut in the men’s downhill on Monday.

He returns to action at Whistler Creekside on Sunday in the re-scheduled super combined.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chrisdavis, What are you talking about? Try reading the whole thing instead of jumping to conclusions

A lot of the Austrians are moaning that their team are not pulling their weight - bit a long the lines of over-paid footballers. Lindsey Vonn is considered an honorary Austrian and is actually a house-owner in Kirchberg. The community are very proud of her and her Austrian roots. Darren Rhalves was very well liked, but any of the newer youngsters who model themselves on Miller will not be so lucky.

It's the person not the team - Miller upset an awful lot of people, including his own team when he was in his "young and wild" phase as he puts it. He was within a whisker of having all his American skiing funding withdrawn when he "returned" to the fold. He has had a personality by-pass, end of subject.

As it happens I'm a Brit by nationality, Franco-Scottish by origin, living and working in Germany on the Austrian border. Now't to do with any argey-bargey between the Americans and the Austrians that did not exist in anyones minds except the British gutter press.

rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode's not exactly getting the love fest off NBC in the US who apparently got badly burnt by their decision to go overboard hyping him before Turin and his subsequent non-delivery of the script. Personally I think he's great for the sport, maverick certainly but a supreme level of natural talent. His roadie-fag Briko shades were easily as bad as Svindal's too. I think there must be some sort of bad taste contest going on.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Samerberg Sue,
I recon that might be a bit of a German slant on things rather than Austrian (about Bode).
Most of the people that I know round here love him. They think he is exciting to watch and support him first - after the Austrians of course!
I am often chatting to some of the peeps who work at Atomic about the racing and the only thing they don't like about him is that he races on Head skis!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
flangesax, no not really, my take on things is that in general. It is the show boating that annoys people across the board - as someone said, he's like Marmite - you either love him or hate him. I think there are way better who work harder and deliver more often.

I was sitting chatting with some friends in an Austrian hotel yesterday and you should have heard them going on about their racers! As for Miller, some like him, others think he is a bad example for youngsters to follow. I hate Marmite and dislike Miller and all the fawning over him.

Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Samerberg Sue, What am I talking about? The comments Austrian racers made about the last 'brash' American - Bill Johnson. It happened, I'm not jumping to anything.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Miller brings a buzz to the slopes - I rather hoped he would win.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Samerberg Sue, ive read your anti Miller rants with some interest, could you please provide specific evidence for his alleged showboating and arrogance?

You could accuse him of "ive got such immense reserves of natural talent that i dont need to train and ill still whoop all of ya" but i dont think thats the case...

I dont see how laziness and lack of commitment equals arrogance Puzzled

Tschuss!
latest report
shiva_71, not a "rant" at all. I am as entitled to my opinion as anyone else, I don't like him and I stated it - what's the beef?

Get a life please! Some people support other teams, players, countries, etc.

Variety is supposedly the spice of life!

rolling eyes
snow conditions
Samerberg Sue, ouch!

I was simply asking what has he done - ie specific quotes/incidents etc - that has got on your goat so much?

You dont like him, fine! But im just curious why, and repeating "cos i dont like him" doesnt really cut it!

Again:

Why do you think he is arrogant?

Sp8rs
ski holidays
I'd have periods of arrogance if I was Bode. "I'm Bode Miller - don't you wish you were ?" Laughing
latest report
Jerry, Laughing
ski holidays
Another Bode fan here. Maverick, wild youth certainly but so what? He's talented, skilled, creative, takes risks, unpredictable, exciting = entertaining. Name anyone else on the circuit who delivers all this. He's a real asset to the sport.
snow conditions
slikedges, he is my hero...swoon.....

http://youtube.com/v/4gSwL-qhLZw
its not purely sexual, the guy can ski!
latest report
DAB, that is hilarious! Laughing Laughing
He is indeed entertaining for all the reasons stated by slikedges, but one thing he categorically isn't and that's sexy - he's about as sexy as a flying doormat.
snow conditions
DAB wrote:
slikedges, he is my hero...swoon.....

Not quite my sentiment wink
ski holidays
Hurtle, FFS woman Shocked did you miss my link a few weeks ago?
http://towleroad.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/bode_miller_shirtless.jpg
Seriously, that is one man I would do anything for Very Happy
ski holidays
DAB, nahh, not tall enough and face is super-goofy. Also, he looks in that picture as though he's been skiing on his arms: they're too big/not in proportion to the rest.

[runs for cover]
snow conditions
Hurtle, I have seen him in the flesh with just a teeny hand towel for modesty sake.......he looked ok to me.......and I am not saying any more than that!!!
snow conditions
I think I'll just copy that last into a more suitable thread...
ski holidays
Hurtle, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Apologies for tone-lowering. Again.
snow report
Yep, guilty as charged.........but we were technically on-topic wink
snow conditions
Hurtle, I'm use to it by now Wink and it was with the encouragement of your partner in crime DAB, Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy