Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Snobbery

Poster: A snowHead
PinoP, fretless?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
> And sorry - until you post a link to a video of somebody on Blades/ski-boards who does not suck (a standing challenge which none of the experts in that area have met yet)

I don't have a video, but I'm sure it would have looked good, especially if someone lent me the Top Gear production team but these tracks were laid down on skiboardthingies and look perfectly acceptable to my untrained eye (they start on the shoulder on the top right).

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Spyderman,
Quote:

May I recommend the Dom Perignon 1969, very nice with the Bacon Rolls for breakfast.

The '69, how vulgar. Wouldn't have the staff wash the Sunseeker with it. I thought this was the thread where the posh people hung out Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidof, really nice tracks - but I would still want to see them do it. There has to be a bit of style and grace to skiing/boarding/sliding - don't you think? Still a mystery why so little video apparently exists.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ski snobbery is rife on this website.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
graeme, apart from people taking the mick out of the average blade/ski-board user - have you got any evidence for that?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spyderman wrote:
daehwons, Big mistake selling the heli. I like to have one in the UK, Gulfstream at LHR and one in GVA, doubles up for a bit of heli-skiing, one must get value out of one's assets.

Selling, I made no mention of selling, almost couldn't give the damn thing away, The gardener ended up having it, still moans to this day about it not fitting in his front garden.

Might have to get another one soon as the investment into the flying car concept hasn't taken off yet

Gadge wrote:
Spyderman,
Quote:

May I recommend the Dom Perignon 1969, very nice with the Bacon Rolls for breakfast.

The '69, how vulgar. Wouldn't have the staff wash the Sunseeker with it. I thought this was the thread where the posh people hung out Toofy Grin

I hope you have the 130'

I find the lines on the Pershing 115' more appealing but could use and extra 15'
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowpatrol wrote:
i don't like the word snob, but i am extremely unsympathetic to learners (thats learners outside of greens blues and reds where they should be)/ gapers/ retards etc etc and have no problem letting people know it either...i am just back from morzine, and after skiing only cham (many times) and vail over the past 4 years, i was astonished at the retardedness on show...its just that i had forgotten how bad places like this were...i wasn't able to get my dukes mounted anywhere in morzine either (which says it all really) so it was very difficult to get myself away from the lift lines, where high gaperness was abundant...but after day 2, i had had enough and treked anywhere safe and accessable for me, my neice/ neph and oh could go...anywhere away from the beaten track, and just closed my eyes and turned the ipod up in the lift lines....

Dude, you went to Morzine so expect what you got.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stoatsbrother wrote:
most of the trashing of Bulgaria and Andorra seems to come from people who have been there. Yes, there are a fair number of apparently expert freeride types (definitely not me) some hardened tourers (not me) and some BASI-you-have-to-angullate-perfectly types (most definitely not me). But I see lots of us recommending gear from Lidl, Aldi and Takky Maxx, cheering when there is a new convert to sliding etc etc. And sorry - until you post a link to a video of somebody on Blades/ski-boards who does not suck (a standing challenge which none of the experts in that area have met yet) I think it is fair for people to say they suck. For everyone willy-waving about their ability, there are others being obviously too modest.

Spoken like a true Gnarly Boy wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
colincrist,... i didn't have time to expect anything... my apartment in cham fell through with a coupe of weeks to go....its all i could get over half term...

okbye
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rayscoops, I am not modest - and I am pretty crap. I am just one of the bitches that Admin needs to get enough people together for a guide - and he is grooming fresh meat Toofy Grin

Anyway - off to La Grave tomorrow snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowpatrol, you must really suck then - even my brother Stoat is in Cham at the moment. I think actually you have spent the last week dropping your kids off at the ESF, and skiing blue runs on blades.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stoatsbrother wrote:
rayscoops, I am not modest - and I am pretty crap. I am just one of the bitches that Admin needs to get enough people together for a guide - and he is grooming fresh meat Toofy Grin

Anyway - off to La Grave tomorrow snowHead

I have seen the videos wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowpatrol, oooooooooooo -one big sack of potatoes on your shoulder Toofy Grin

OK BYEEEEE Sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The tracks posted above by davidof were apparently made on Wedze skis (the Decathlon ones, in the photo, very cheap 'cos boring black and white graphics, I know 'cos I bought some). Absolutely NOT the same thing as blades - and unlike most people in this thread I've skied on both. Twisted Evil Most of us wouldn't be able to tell the difference (on a video) between a good skier on the Wedzes and a good skier on skis. Blades are a different animal.
snow report
stoatsbrother, snowbandit,..ouch... you two are hardcore nasty...

okbye
snow conditions
stoatsbrother wrote:
davidof, really nice tracks - but I would still want to see them do it. There has to be a bit of style and grace to skiing/boarding/sliding - don't you think? Still a mystery why so little video apparently exists.

Actually do you remember that guy who posted here with those weird snowblades with fins on the back... what were they Raxx or something. Didn't he post some video? Might be worth a look.
ski holidays
He certainly showed he had balls but no points for style
ski holidays
rayscoops wrote:
Not the 'I only go to 3V or Zermatt' type ...........but ..........

As we get more experienced at skiing do we start getting a bit above ourselves because we know more about the kit, the places, the snow, the altitude, the bars, only ski resorts with reds and blacks, how to adjust your bindings, din settings, the best route from 'a to b' etc etc,.

Do we go from nice fluffy snowheads who want to learn more about our sport ..... into grumpy old skiers with a bias against anything except for skinning for three hours to hit some nice powder and turning our noses up against those with short skis, high street brands, resorts without gnarly off piste, Andorra/Bulgaria, cheap goggles, and dare I say it .... snowblades/skiboards wink

sounds like any typical skier to me , self overrated and arrogant wink Laughing
snow report
stoatsbrother, so stoat is you brother's name?

As for ski snobbery, i reckon i've got less snobby as i've got a little better than i was (which was fairly terrible), given that I'd now consider myself an intermediate intermediate rather than an intermediate, and the aim of the next few years is to get better rather than keep pottering around. Snowheads must have worked well with this given my next holiday will be comprised of 6 full days lessons (must get away from intermediate intermediate to being able to ski not like a complete.....)
snow conditions
snowpatrol, ooh, 'Cham', gosh you're so in-crowd. You are the only example so far of the kind of thing rayscoops is on about as far as I can see. Laughing
latest report
Lizzard, Laughing ...you are pulling me up for abbreviating chamonix? Laughing how about VT LDA LT BC LP VERB and the many other abbreviations used on this forum? will you be pulling everyone else up everytime this happens? .....however, on the subject of the thread, you are correct...i am exactly what rayscoops is taking about... and as i said in my opening post on the subject, i have no problem letting people know about it either....i would rather be what i am than some retarded brit gaper who is completely at ease with their assholeness....

okbye
ski holidays
snowpatrol, what an arrogant tosser you are. Amazing.
latest report
Lizzard, Laughing well thats hardly news to anyone but i thank you kindly anyhow....

okbye
snow report
Whats a gaper?
latest report
MattMattMatt, a word generally used by American teenagers to denote someone not approved of by this week's cool kids. Not something an adult would bother with.
ski holidays
MattMattMatt, it is a word used by many people of many cultures and of all ages from a cross section of the community to denote retards on the slopes who do not take an extreme sport such as skiing seriously or give it the respect it deserves....

okbye
latest report
Lizzard, snowpatrol, cut the foreplay - get a room - you know it is going to happen.

51st state, probably fair. We have a lot to learn from the modesty and quiet reserve of Boarders wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stoatsbrother, Laughing unfortunately for Lizzard, i dont do charity work...

okbye
snow report
MattMattMatt, something, which if the yanks could spell, would spell "gapper". Laughing A horrible deregatory term used to describe anyone on holiday having fun with their friends & family. You can read more about it here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=31772

Of course there's a lot snobbery about skiing... nature of the beast and I'm as guilty as any but trying to be less so - although once a snob, always a snob. wink One of the things which really peed me off was the slagging which Hemsedal got (on another forum too) - and I was told there was "nothing" there and it was "all flat". I had a superb two weeks there and if people really think that given resort is flat then I think they missed out. A lot.

Btw, my carved turns are absolutely awesome! Laughing
snow conditions
Alexandra, why would you be upset about people slagging hemsedal off?....the less people that are there the better for you surely?....at least thats the way i would see it....

okbye
snow report
One of my jackets is bright orange, does that make me a gaper?

I can't believe i'm being educated on how the youth of today talk here, i'm only 23!
latest report
stoatsbrother wrote:
Lizzard, snowpatrol, cut the foreplay - get a room - you know it is going to happen.

Getting a room is the foreplay isn't it? Laughing
snow conditions
MattMattMatt wrote:

No, that makes you a Railway Worker. wink
ski holidays
I think some of the snobby types would probably class me as a 'gaper'. Laughing
latest report
Alexandra wrote:
MattMattMatt, something, which if the yanks could spell, would spell "gapper". Laughing

It's prounounced like it's spelt. Gay per.

[Inserts tongue in cheek] You're such a gaper for prounouncing it wrong [removes tongue from cheek]
ski holidays
Spyderman wrote:
MattMattMatt wrote:

No, that makes you a Railway Worker. wink

Better than being the RAC man the ex accused me of being when i bought it!
latest report
Just to help those that do not recognise their own ski snobbery

Definitions of snobbery on the Web:

The trait of condescending to those of lower social (skiing) status

A snob is someone who adopts the worldview of snobbery — that some people are inherently inferior to him or her for any one of a variety of (ski related)reasons. Often, the form of snobbery reflects the snob's personal attributes. ...
ski holidays
Alexandra wrote:
MattMattMatt, something, which if the yanks could spell, would spell "gapper". Laughing A horrible deregatory term used to describe anyone on holiday having fun with their friends & family. You can read more about it here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=31772

> gaper gap, the gap between goggles and a helment/hat

What is that total crock of nonsense. I guess the American can't pick on blacks anymore so they come up with some other crap to discriminate. Honestly it is just so infantile.

And just to display my own ski snobbery there is nothing more ridiculous than fat middle class white blokes from Engerlund using terms like Gnarly, Rad, Blower, Homie, Gaper, Dude, Maggot, Jong etc. They sound more retarded than those Armstrong and Miller pilots. Talk about Gaperific. Laughing
snow report
Are people with their own skis still allowed in group lessons?

Madeye-Smiley
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy