Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New gear highlights for next season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's up on the Document site, complete with pics and comment from the UK, US and European trade shows. The word is 'rocker'. What did we do without it...
www.documentsnowboard.co.uk
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fallliner, thanks for posting. Not sold on rocker and reverse camber at all: in some ways glad I ended up replacing my board this year. Also no mention of the Jeremy Jones line up, surely that's fairly big news?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A lot more info to come as we digest it all. Re the Jones; Nitro are taking a very interesting tack with these signature series ranges of snowboards. FYI the Jones boards are v similar to the his Rossi range last year, which is reassuring to think he didn't need to reinvent his range despite changing manufacturers. At ISPO, the big European show, Jones spent most of his time signing autographs! No-one would let him talk about his boards - goes to show what regard he's held in and don't forget the people at the show are all trade, not impressionable yoof...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fallliner, he was probably happy to stay close to the stand after having a splitboard stolen at SIA. Will keep checking and reading.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Already heard about K2 using rocker across their range next season. So glad I just bought my Believer, 30% off from edgeriders Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm also not a fan of rocker. Learn to carve and you will never need it.

Without, you have a board that has much more potential.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've had the 2010/11 catalogues a while now. Salomon look very interesting next year with the drift and drift rocker plus a stack of new boards. Atomic also look good after a few bad seasons. Burton replace the v rocker in the custom v with the flying V. Everyone is coming with new rockers, hybrid rockers, zero camber, wing tip rocker. It's endless. Not many do a full jib rocker, I think they realise people miss the POP. Rocker between the bindings and camber after then rocker seems to be in vogue a la nitro sub zero/flying V
Atomic as well as others have a cambered board that becomes a rocker when loaded up with weight.
Nitro come with the pro one offs, modified existing boards. ettala comes in 3 lengths all with the same length side cut so its just the length of nose and tail that change, not the ride.
Burton change the ICS channel to M6 and have co operated with other manufacturers for an ICS adaptor (about time), I put ride and salomon on ICS 2 years ago Smile Burton bindings are split in 2 done the base plate to let the board flex more freely.
Empirium from belgium have 10000 bases on some boards, that's fast.
If Jones wasnt rebranded nidecker (a company that I dont rate one bit) I'd kill people to stock them next year.
I go ride 2011 next monday. Very Happy hitting up nitro, salomon, ride, rome, maybe burton and I'll try and fit K2 in even though its the same as ride IMO. Except ride sent me wedgie boxer shorts this winter.

bar shaker,
I swapped from the gull wing sub zero to the cambered ettala last week, I'll never go back to camber, feels slow, grabby and unforgiving. Bought some ride contrabands with wedgie 2.5 which are awesome with the sub zero, I found the perfect set up for me. Smile
Bad rocker/jib rocker is a nightmare to be honest but the other answers are epic.

I'm still around, just busy as hell.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy