Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowhead Eurostar experts?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Never used the service, but can anyone advise on the cheapest and easiest way to get a couple of 17 year olds by train from Ashford Kent to Bourg St Maurice for a 2 week stay?

Leaving anytime between Sat March 26th and Monday March 28th, coming back approx two weeks later, dates/times flexible.

They usually fly, but I can't pick up from airport at the moment

I've contacted Rail Europe in Canterbury but no reply as yet... and the SNCF site just doesn't mention the same train times as far as I can see.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PG. They could do a little trip to Rail Europe / French Railways in Piccadilly, where they'll get lots of advice and can buy the tickets on the spot.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PS. Assuming they're armed with negotiable currency, of course!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You don't expect gormless teenagers to put themselves out when there's someone - anyone - who can do all the work for them, surely? Shocked

Seriously, the problem is one lives in Deal (Kent), the other Torquay...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd say phone Rail Europe, but their website only gives 0870 numbers which are of no use to you. (08708 371 371 for the record.) Their email is reservations@raileurope.co.uk .

They must have a French office, perhaps contact SNCF.

Anyway, I'd recommend the Torquay one gets a train to Paddington, then tubes to Waterloo for a Eurostar that also happens to stop at Ashford for the other one. If there's a lot of luggage then you could get Torquay - Reading, then Reading - Waterloo, but that last bit is slow, otherwise Paddington - Waterloo by taxi.

Once at Paris Gare du Nord you're safely in the French system which I suspect you know well. Onward trains are from Gare du Lyon for the TGV or Gare d'Austerlitz for the overnight couchette. If booking the whole London - BSM through Rail Europe the code word is PREMS to get the cheap ticket offers.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PG try the Eurostar web site at http://www.eurostar.com/ however the trains are due to stop on the 2nd of April which may be the reason you can't see them on the SNCF site
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Found an international number for Rail Europe, but it's only their UK head office - +44 1732 526700 . They might, indeed should, be able to help with an international reservations number.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
Anyway, I'd recommend the Torquay one gets a train to Paddington, then tubes to Waterloo for a Eurostar that also happens to stop at Ashford for the other one. If there's a lot of luggage then you could get Torquay - Reading, then Reading - Waterloo, but that last bit is slow, otherwise Paddington - Waterloo by taxi.

It (used to) take about an hour from Reading to Waterloo (give or take), and as it's 20-30 mins to Paddington, then one change on the tube, there might not be a lot in it overall if you pick the train times carefully.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rail europe head office phone number is 01732 526700

this site is rather useful

http://saynoto0870.com/search.php
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PG,

Don't Eurostar do a straight through service from Ashford to BSM on the Sat. I thought it was a one off ski season train.
Leaves Ashford about 0900, I believe.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PG,

Try
http://www.raileurope.co.uk/eurostar/eurostar_ski_train.asp

Last day out is the 26th Mar...£149.00 and goes from Waterloo as well.....

Note. not all trains stop at Ashford from Waterloo
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Should be able to get a EuroDomino for Youths which is valid for 1 month at about £100.00 but I think you will have to pay a Eurostar supplement. When I last did this ....years ago...that supplement was very small on TGV and Eurostar..!!

But Jackie at Rail_Canterbury should be able to do all this, I'm sure.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks, starting to get the picture, I'll give Rail Canterbury another go...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Reading to Waterloo takes between 1 hour 15 and 1 hour 30 mins depending on the time of day - check that they don't want to travel late on a Friday / Saturday as the local children coming out of the pubs drunk have caused some strange changes to the timetables (plus you really wouldn't want to be on the train with them). My preferred route (when I lived in Reading) was to Paddington - 25 mins on the fast train - and then tube across.

Hope this helps on some of the above...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PG, I always book direct through the SNCF site. Just enter the two towns and they should come up with a ticket, either change at paris or Lille for the Eurostar train. All trains to London stop at Ashford, so no problem there. Your lad could get a train from Torquay, get on the Eurostar in London and his mate could get on at Ashford. Job done!!!

BTW the trains are much cheaper on a Sat than any other day.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy