Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Binding adjustment query -please help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, I have just bought a pair of Scott Missions with fitted Scott bindings online and gave my boot size and din setting requirement. The skis arrived perfectly but they stated that they didnt have my exact boot size in stock so they set the bindings 1 or 2 mm further apart.
The shop attached a note to say make sure I go to a qualified ski shop to alter the tension to the front bindings to suit my boot (or words to that effect). Now, I have skied for years but never been a techy. I have altered bindings before but this has set me thinking that I am missing something. Surely I just move the back binding forward a mill or two to fit my boot? Please can someone clarify?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Morrissey, I expect they mean ensure the forward pressure is adjusted correctly, moving the back binding forward will adjust for length but you still need to check the fwd pressure is correct.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gsb, you're right. just got home and the slip of paper states "must get forward pressure checked as we had no 324mm boots only 325mm". Is the forward pressure the same as the din setting? If so it is set to my specification.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Morrissey wrote:
gsb, you're right. just got home and the slip of paper states "must get forward pressure checked as we had no 324mm boots only 325mm". Is the forward pressure the same as the din setting? If so it is set to my specification.

No, it's not the same as the DIN setting. With the boot snapped into the bindings there will be a forward pressure marker on the rear of the binding which should be aligned as per the manufacturers instructions. The actual markings and method of aligning will vary for different manufacturers. I know what it is on my old Marker bindings and my new Vist bindings.

I would advise getting it checked at a local ski shop, as they will probably do it for free or only a minimal charge as it's a very quick check.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
geepee, cheers for that. So it's a type of micro adjustment relating to the fit of the boot within the binding rather than force required to allow the binding to release? These are Scott bindings and I can't see where or how to adjust this so will leave it to the pros in resort when I arrive on Saturday.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Morrissey, If it's not set right it will affect the force required to release the binding, so needs to be checked, so a visit to the pros is a wise move.

Have a great trip. snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
geepee, thanks for that - will do.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scott bindings from what I've seen tend to be rebadged salomon bindings, which means that both the front and back bindings may need to be checked as the wings on the front binding can be adjusted. It's a 2 minute job for a ski tech.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had a similar issue when my new ski boots were 2mm shorter than my previous ones - something to do with the new 'soma' stance on fischer boots apparantly. I turned up at Hemel at the weekend and they guys in the ski hire weren't allowed to touch my bindings but the guys at Snow and Rock were very helpful, adjusted the sizing and carried out a full binding check for me for free. They may have thought I had bought my boots in another S&R (which I hadn't) but either way I would say that is very good (non)customer service! Well done S&R!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
This old Salomon technical manual might help:

http://www.ian-staniforth.org.uk/sections/tech/manual.pdf

Or this new one:

http://www.salomoncertification.com/download.jsp
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy