Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BBC Vancouver coverage - B@st@rds

Poster: A snowHead
I missed the Downhill last night because I had to attend an antenatal class with the wife.

I tried getting it on iplayer when I got home... not available, coming soon.

I tried again this morning... not available, coming soon.

I settled down to watch the BBC 2 highlights show and in the opening 30 seconds of a 2 hour show they blatantly revealed the 1, 2, 3.

WTF!!!!

What is the point in having the iplayer service and it not working then giving the game away.... AAArrrggghhh.

Plus.

I've grown to really like Ed Leigh on Ski Sunday / High Altitude, however his commentary of the snowboard cross and that of his Norwegian co commentator was appalling. Fun to watch but irritating listening to the mumbling and the mistakes.

Plus

Would someone please take Clare Balding to a hairdresser and also buy her some new clothes. Taht V Neck/poloneck combo is ahocking.

Grrrrrrr
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I liked Ed's comment on how the young boardercross guy had got what he called "his man strength" Laughing also the girl laughing when she saw someone fall while looking out of the window, hope they get better.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The commentary has been dreadfl, particularly during the opening ceremony. Hazel Irvine, though. I would.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alan A, Clare has a scar on her neck after needing surgery to have a tumour removed . Perhaps she is attempting to hide it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hyweljenkins, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Alan A, thankyou for a voice of reason! I too found this bloody annoying.... I thought the late show would cover highlights... of course not everyone gets home from work at 6.30 to watch it live I thought... so at least it'll be on the highlights show, I thought.

(I could have sky plussed of course, but the schedule wasn't showing correctly on sunday night - grrrr!)

AND even more bloody annoying, Hazel Irvine announced the results and then either she mentioned it (or it dawned on me - can't remember which) that it was being replayed on the red button.... All she had to do was say, if you want to watch a replay go to the red button and then do the old "look away now if you don't want to know the result" So, I knew the result and then was able to watch it on red button... but, to quote an old BB King song the thrill is gone!

Frankly for the "blue riband" event as they keep on annoucing, i think they should've been a bit more thoughtful about how they showed it!!

Yours,

Pettily Angry from Hertfordshire.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hyweljenkins, you are kidding she's a munter Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
all this makes me glad we have good old Eurosport. Sane commentary on the whole. [ask me if I still love it when they have rescheduled tour de France stages we've been record though]

Quote:

I could have sky plussed of course, but the schedule wasn't showing correctly on sunday night - grrrr!

ours worked ok Richie_S, Puzzled

Gsyfreerider, leave the woman alone. It is boring. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just been watching the ladies' qualifying on the Red Button. Sorry Ed and Norgella, but your commentary was shocking again. Worth a watch for Zoe's second run - showed pretty amazing awareness to tuck into a mid air roll rather than letting her chin break her fall.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
72? BBC personnel out there and they can't even fill in 17 minutes of programming between qualifying and finals with a moving picture. I can see the anti-beeb mob warming up the cutting knife from my village...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sproggski, that was the best save I've seen for a while. All the other girls had the stuffing knocked out of them and she simply frontflipped (from zero height), sat up and contemplated whether to carry on - nope, safe qualifying time, let's bank it...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That other fall, The girl who landed on her back with her head and shoulders over the kickers looked the most painful, no wonder she did not get up straight away.

Yes the commentary is a little less then professional but I have warmed to it now. or is that I'm drinking to much Smile
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Baileys in the Fallline household.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dwarf Vader, Ok, there's a plan - a drinking game where you have to knock back a Jaegermeister every time Ed says "desperately" or Graham says "that's the hardest thing I've ever done".
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sproggski, Jesus, do you want to kill my liver off Smile

Game on for the women Smile
ski holidays
If it wasn't for the fact I've got to get up early in the morning to take the missus to work I'd join you for a game sproggski.
snow report
Dumb and Dumberer are quite brilliantly dreadful, worth the COTLF (communist obligatory television licence fee) alone, almost.
snow report
go zoe
latest report
good stuff so far, is Zoe going to do Lindsey?
snow report
has to do the semi first
ski holidays
@rse
latest report
Oh rats rolling eyes Sad
snow report
Vader kiss of death Sad

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 16-02-10 23:50; edited 2 times in total
snow report
Poor start, too much to make up.
snow report
FenlandSkier wrote:
Poor start, too much to make up.

Indeed and I laughed when Ed said what a great start lol
snow conditions
Not this time...
ski holidays
still the small final to go Smile
latest report
Jacobellis has done a, err, Jacobellis rolling eyes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
oh I'm trying not to laugh... I failed Smile
snow conditions
not bad stuff, very entertaining Smile
snow report
must say that i found it really annoying as had to work late during the downhill and missed it, but resigned myself to iPlayer knowing my sky+ missed the start, but low and behold not available, 'coming soon'. Useless BBC.

Overall i think Eurosport is doing a better job, and their app for the iPhone is excellent!
ski holidays
I quite like Ed, but I think the lady who was commentating was struggling a little. Can't be easy if a) your not used to commentating, b) board cross isn't really your discipline (wasn't she half pipe?) c) English is a secondary language.

An improvement from that well known snowboarder Colin Jackson though. And why Steve Cram commentating on the Curling? Very Happy

Can I back up Hywel too, I think Hazel is looking lovely these days Smile
ski holidays
The Norwegian lady comes up with some true drivel. How she frequently fails to identify which rider is which when (a) there are only 4 of them and (b) they each wear a different coloured bib is beyond me....
snow conditions
Not keen on the commentary, there is one numpty who can't even fill the spaces between races with anything other than utter drivel and apparently the competitors who are young have no 'pedigree' - what are they? pedigree dogs??? - all it is is words falling out of peoples mouths some of it makes sense and if they say that someone is doing well or is definitely going to win it is a total jinx and they fall down within the next minute - commentators shut up with the kiss of death comments give the competitors a chance
ski holidays
To be honest i can't think of any top-class sportsperson who's gone on to be a top class commentator, (as opposed to summariser/pundit) other than Richie Benaud in cricket and he might have been classed as more a summariser/pundit.
latest report
Crammy is back on now!

I've heard the phrase "winding down the windows" a few too many times in the last couple of days. It's not something the youngsters would understand what with electric windows Very Happy
ski holidays
Mr Leigh and his continuous use of "suck it up" was what got me. "Got to suck up the jump", "got to suck up the glide", "got to suck up the burms", got to suck up the 4 pack".

My 8 year old was weatching the PVR version thiis evening - " why does he keep repeating himself Daddy?"

And yes those bloody windows must be out the bottom of the car by now.

Still better TV than wall to wall [insert expletive of choice] soccer tho.
snow report
Just caught the best snippet from a commentator so far - Canada vs Sweden womens Ice Hockey (I was looking for some skiing!) "Their goalie has seen more rubber than the M4 on a bank holiday"

Perfection!
snow conditions
Has anyone noticed the ski jackets most of the presenters are wearing? The cheapest Kjus at S & R is 500 quid.
latest report
PisteHead, That's presumably why they can afford to give it away free to every BBC accredited reporter.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy