Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help desperately required to get to & From Tignes this week end

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Guys, a chap in the office has been invited to Tignes for the week-end. Not only is the snow good but it appears he is on a bit of a promise so he is desperate to go. Only thing is he has no holiday left so needs to leave Friday and return Sunday.

At the moment he is looking at the snow train or eurstar combo to get out there and then trust to the TGV to get him home eventually on Sunday.

He is not to keen on hiring a car and driving from geneva but would I am sure share some costs or pay for a lift etc.

Any ideas people?

Thnaks for your help.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's an old army saying "P*****'ll drag a man a dam sight further than gunpowder'll blow him" QED.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On that itinerary he'll be lucky to get more than a day's skiing, commencing Saturday late morning and finishing Sunday (but possibly getting no skiing at all on Sunday, if he's got to be back in the UK by Sunday night). He'll be lucky to be on trains for less than 20 hours return.

I can think of a more relaxing weekend!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David. It's all right old fella, we understand that at your tender years the idea that there can be other activities in the mountains is a far strech of your memory but . . . he's not going to be 'relaxed', at least not on the journey down.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
True, my Tignes-age years are a distant memory.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Goldsmith, you can go and stand in the naughty corner for that one! Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Overnight Eurostar leaves waterloo at about 8PM, gets into Bourg early, 6-7AM I think. U can be in Tignes for 1st lift if you're sharp.
Overnight Eurostar back Leaves Bourg 10PM arr. Waterloo 7AM

It's a direct sitting service, no couchettes. But as train seats go it's fairly comfortable.
Pretty hectic schedule but good for a laugh!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's no availability on the return leg of that journey.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ashton parker, Throw a sicky and come back mid-week, marmotte distemper his highly contagious this time of year and can easily be picked up in the Alps wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks for the comments people. He's going eurostar overnight direct and will work out how to get home on sunday night. Obviously while the skiing is important he has a certain desire to be in the resort over saturday night so getting the eurostar back saturdasy night isn't an option. I suspect he will be tired and late in on Monday - but probably smiling
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Last week, the Sunday night 2130 Bourg St Maurice to Paris d'Austerlitz had plenty of spare space, seated and couchette, this connected (via Metro line 5) to Paris Gare du Nord for the 0813 to Waterloo - again seats were available - and arrived at Waterloo before 10am GMT.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fri evening Eurostar to Paris, make your way to Gare Austerlitz for the couchette overnighter to Bourg. Reverse this on Sun evening, early Mon morning Eurostar to arrive back into Waterloo circa 10am.

Just checked eurostar.com, and europerail.co.uk, both sites confirm the trains are deffo running at the right times. Europerail.co.uk wouldn't confirm availablity tho..... (same old, same old, you'd have to ring them and haggle).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy