Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help - I'm going to need a break from the wife & her pal!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My wife and I are due to go to Les Menuires with my friend and his wife for the week commencing 13 March. The bad news is my friend fell off a ladder putting up Christmas decorations and has cracked 2 bones in his back. All 4 of us are going, but obviously he won't be skiing.
My dilema is that if I ski all week with the 2 women I am likely to kill someone out of boredom. I am not a fantastic skiier but my wife, while her technique is good and she can get down pretty much anything, is soooo slowwwww. The last time I skied with my mates wife we had to talk her, crying hysterically, off a red run in Tignes. My wife and I usually have our kids with us, who I am challenged to keep up with down the steepest, mogliest blacks and odd bit of (not too adventurous) off piste, are not coming this time as we thought it would be good to have an adults only week.
I am happy to ski most (some) of the time with women but would like to find someone, or group, of a reasonable standard to ski with for a couple of days during the week. I would rate myself as a competant, advanced level piste skier with a desire to explore a bit more off piste. I had thought of joining SCGB but their meeting points are in either VT or Meribel at times which would be a struggle to achieve, even getting the first lift out of Les Menuires.
Can anyone help?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
weedram, Who are you travelling with? If a Tour Op, then most offer ski guiding. Although this will be mainly blue/red cruising, it will give you an opportunity to meet and therefore hook up with others who may be looking for the same type of skiing adventure as you.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
weedram, I do hope your wife is not a secret SnowHead wink Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We're going DIY, staying in our apartment.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
weedram, In that case, gate crash someone elses ski guiding wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm more worried about my mate being a secret Snowhead - I'm not sure he wanted to be reminded of the Tears on the Red run in Tignes episode.
My wife is fully aware of both how slow she is (my 12yr old reminded her constantly of this at New Year) and of my escape plans.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
weedram, I sympathise - Next year, do what I did, leave at home!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
weedram, do you not like skiing on your own? Not so clever for the off-piste, obviously, but a few half days on piste on your own, with nobody else to coordinate with, should be good?

If not, you could maybe arrange a few lessons - get an instructor to get you going into the off piste. And maybe your wife and her mate should take a couple of lessons too - speed them up a bit? snowHead Actually, they're probably dying to get rid of you so they can get a few extra hot chocolates and vins chaud down them.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
weedram, if you ring the SCGB rep in VT, you will probably find that you can link up with his/her group at the second or third lift of the day, particularly if they are heading towards Meribel. On at least one day, they'll head straight for La Masse, so you'll get a lie in!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
weedram, Wot sproggski, says. Try linking up with SCGB Rep. However, I too like skiing on my own. I'm off on a lads trip next week and whilst it will be great there will be times when I'll think "just F*** Off and let me go my own way". Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
halfhand, not off to Espace Killy per chance?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy