Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Men's Olympic Downhill - At Last!

Poster: A snowHead
Well done Didier! I'm glad our little chat in January paid off, give me a shout if you want some more tips Laughing
Great to see Aksel & Bode in the medals too.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
robboj, wasn´t gloating, mate, my OH is Austrian and I enjoy winding him up!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cracking racing last night. Really enjoyed it and had hoped that Bode Millar would have won... how gutted to miss out on a few tenths of a second! Cracking course and it was very nice to see each run in whole from top to bottom.

on the crowd noise thing, we were talking about this last night and came to the conclusion that they must have turned down the input from the microphoes set up next to the crowd so as we could hear the commentators over the tannoy announcer at the bottom who seemed to be constantly talking. Surely they could've just moved one or two of the microphones around. It was the same with the ski jumping we watched. rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
As a Bode fan, it's great he got a medal but with such an early start number it was hard watching all the other racers challenge after him. Later racers like Cuche seemed to slow considerably near the end of the course without any obvious errors, I wonder was the snow getting softer?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Does anyone how the Super Combined today will work - do they look at the combined time total for the Downhill and the GS or just take best time out of 2?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
franga, They add together the times for the Downhill and the Slalom.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great to see Bode in the medals - even our 3 y/o was squealing when she saw he was first! Took some explaning that he hadn't actually won at that point.....

robboj, To be fair to Ed, he's very inexperienced at this level (only 3 or 4 WC races to his name?) and has always said, both on and off the record, that Sochi is his big target - Vancouver is about building experience. He may not prove to be a medal winner (and I sincerely hope he is) but there is a LOT more to come from him. I think you'll find a similar story with Dave Ryding this weekend and next.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DAB wrote:
robboj, wasn´t gloating, mate, my OH is Austrian and I enjoy winding him up!

If this carries on I think Austria will declare war on the cuckoo clock makers. Walchhofer has even hinted at retirement after last nights performance.

http://sport.orf.at/vancouver2010/100216-257/index.html
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Walchofer obviously didn't take on board the tips I gave him when I found myself next to him in the lift line for the Garbanzo chair last March. wink

Great race though. You could have thrown a blanket over the first four racers, and Eric Guay wasn't too far away from bringing home a medal for the hosts. I saw him shred this course at the Canadian champs two years ago - a super smooth ride.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
With thanks to Google Translate.

Michael Walchhofer had gone gold and ambitions into the race after his tenth place so frustrated that he even thought about quitting. "At the moment it zipft me g'scheit," said the 34-year-old.

Yeah I've felt like that once or twice Michael Laughing (Who, it has to be said, didn't benefit from a handshake and a "Viel Glück" from me as much as Defago. Sorry, am I name dropping again ? ah well Very Happy)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Acacia, That'd be in then, in December he probably thought "Not another one!" Wink He's a big bloke isn't he Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
"Momentan zipft es mich g'scheit an" = at the moment it pisses me off
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anyone seen any quotes from Cuche on what happened ? Had a look on the official Olympics site but it seems impossible to find anything but a results list.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ArseneWengen, http://www.skionline.ch/index.php?section=news&cmd=details&newsid=16028&teaserId=5
sorry its all in German but basically what Cuche is saying is that he took a different line to the one he had planned at the coaches corner, and thats where he lost some time, he goes on to say that the main thing is that a Swiss racer stands on the podium.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rjs, franga, The Super Combi is the times of a seperate Downhill & 1 run Slalom on the same day added together. It should have been today but has been postponed due to heavy snow.
It's a totally separate race and is not just the times of the Downhill & Slalom added together.
ski holidays
Thanks DAB!
latest report
skisimon wrote:
How did he lose that much time...!? He was good out of Coaches' Corner, and lost all the time after the last split...

Puzzled

I'd guess because the botom of the course was warming fast and therefore slowing.

We saw Bode and Eric Guay out of the start gate down the first pitch. I've skied that run countless times, but never in a way like that!

Not sure why thjey didn't start at 9.30. 10.30 meant that the bottom of the course was bound to deteriorate over time with the temps.
ski holidays
If anyone is interested, I was there and had a ball !!

Great day, great race although the early racers had an advantage as the course definitely got slower as the day went on and the sun came out.

I did a small write up with a couple of pics on my blog

http://whistlerblackcombsnowreport.com/mens-downhill-2024.htm
snow report
wbsr, thats a great report! Bet that course slipper needed a change of underpants Laughing Are you out there for the duration of the games?
snow conditions
DAB, thanks and I live here
snow report
Jerry,

Quote:

He's a big bloke isn't he

He most certainly is: especially from my five-foot seven perspective!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy