Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Garmont Shogun Ltd.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just kitted myself out with the Garmont Shogun Ltd Rando Boots.
Poly-ether version of the Radium, slightly heavier for sure but a proper stiff touring boot, has to be the best out there at the moment.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thought you were smitten with BD boots.

With Dynafit/tech fitting?

http://www.invodo.com/Garmont-Shogun-Boot/p/AHM08WDY
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DB, Nah, we have a version with Dynafit compatibility. We don't do BD anymore.....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
DB, Nah, we have a version with Dynafit compatibility. We don't do BD anymore.....

Correct me if i'm wrong here but surely as a bootfitter it's better for you to stock as many different brands & models as is financially viable due to different manufacturers lasts? So if that is the case why drop BD just cause garmont have updated their model range? Are they that similar a last?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
frank4short, If the product has a good shape we'll do it, but not if there are any problems with the functionality, also conditions regarding availability, warranty, pricing and general customer services need to taken into account also.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I got some shoguns earlier this season. My first touring boot, very pleased, was worried about the stiffness but seem fine, my alpine boots were not that stiff anyhow. Must say they have packed out an awful lot. To start with the toe area was pretty cosy, a little cramped, but after a couple of weeks of downhill and a few tours they became nice and comfy. Been using them pretty much as an everyday boot with no loss of performance over my apline boot. My boots are sans the dynafit, I think this years model include dynafit? Paid 270€, after a discount, which seemed a good price compared to the alternatives I saw.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just seen Arno's. They clash with his backpack. How did you convince him to buy them?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
waynos, that's cos the stock liner ain't great. I swapped in my alpine boots' liners and they are a pretty sweet setup. Not as stiff as my alpine boots but, really, I don't want to tour for any period of time in boots that stiff. They have been driving some 105mm underfoot skis no problem. In fact I wouldn't rule out using them with my xxl's
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arno, but what about with your new ski pants? Would THAT clash put you off?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was hoping to get some orange kecks because they would have set off the boots nicely but some times you have to compromise style in the name of performance Wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My last post about my shoguns was 9 years ago, there I was thinking they were holding up well after 6 or so seasons, maybe 40 days per season. I've been thinking for quite some time the boots were feeling a bit softer and sloppy. Well yesterday the shell around the tounge kind of ripped and was pinching my foot. Still love these boots, great for tearing around on or off piste. But finally I think I'll have to search for a replacement. RIP my trusty shoguns.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy