Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tour operators who is good who isn't

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Nadenoodlee, Do we have good reason to blame the parents!!!???
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just been to Canada with Airtours, fantastic organisation at Canadian end good transfer and rep is resort was magnificent. we arrived 4 hours late and at 9.00pm at night the rep was taking orders for lift passes and ski school etc. All tickets were at the hotel for 7.00am in the morning. Kept everything low key and not in your face. the rep was a mature lady between 40 and 50 if I had to guess. I think that was what made the difference and ensured everything was a smooth as possible. On the return she even stayed with the group throughout the check-in process to ensure there were no problems, that is something I have not seen before.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bernard Condon, Depends on what I can get away with!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have just been to Lapland with Inghams, having also used them last year to visit Tonale in Italy. The rep in Tonale was so invisible, I couldnt tell you if it was male or female, but the reps in Lapland were all fantastic. The main boss was from my home town and born and bred about 10 mins from me...... not that it influenced me at all, but she was great, funny, knowlegable and not at all pushy. The rep for our hotel was a great lass too, but wasnt much up on ski information as she tended to hang around with the boarders and spent most of her time in the snow park and half pipe.

I wouldnt travel Thompsons if they paid me to. (They ruined our honeymoon and that didnt impress us at all).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IMHO Ski Beat, trading on past success, (I Note their frequent appearance in Last minute availability which is never a good sign.) See some earlier comments re their creche's. Variable quality of Chalet Staff.
Crystal you get what you pay for, Thompson likewise.
Silver Ski Excellent all round esp.Chalet staff.
Erna low Superb all round especially reps.
Ski Total easily better than Ski Beat but not as good as Silver Ski!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So it's not quite a regular TO, but I've now been on 6 SCGB Holidays (now rebranded Ski Freshtracks) in the last 3 years and loved every one of them. Great range of holidays geared to specific themes, from pretty hardcore to serious party-time, and ability-graded so all skiers within a group are of similar level. "I think it works really really well".
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AlpineElements: Just been to Morzine with them. Very poor. The transfer return home summed them up. The minibus was due to arrive at chalet at 6:15am. No show until about 8:00am ish. It turned out the transfer drivers (3 of them, who worked for AlpineElements) had resigned that morning without telling anyone. They were obviously disgruntled with their employer and based on the standard of service we received I can understand why if the staff are treated in a similar fashion. Definitely an operator to avoid.

Ski Olympic: Have been using this company for some years. Generally very good for price and you get what it says on the tin. Excellent ski guiding servcie. Went to Les Menuire with them in February. Definitely an operator to consider.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy