Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiworld - How Good for Solo Skiers?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm starting to look for deals for my next trip which will be 6th / 7th March. Normally I would book with Ski Olympic or LeSki for a single male share, but have looked again at Skiworld, as they do a wider variety of resorts. Now, my experience of Skiworld, which dates back to 1994 in a small chalet in Plagne 1800, was not of the most commodious chalets and full of one big group. This was even pre the TV programme about them.

Do any Very Happy 's have current experience of Skiworld, the quality of their chalets and the overall package they offer?

Specifically thinking about Les Arcs or Alpe D'Huez which are high on my to do list!

Thanks for any help in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I stayed in L'Escapade with skiworld a couple of years ago - it was the first year skiworld had taken over the chalet - it is run as a chalet hotel and tends to attract a range of groups and singles. Dining room is set out in tables for 8 IIRC and the bar is a good focal point for other skiers so you should meet people pretty quickly.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stevew, We stayed in L'Escapade in Alpe d'Huez a couple of weeks ago. There were one or two single travellers there, a few families and groups of 2+ friends. The dining room is set in tables of 8 (one of 10) but people tended to stick to the same table all week. The food was very good and there is free flowing tea/coffee most of the time. The table wine improved by the 2nd or 3rd glass Wink . It was a very friendly place and the staff couldn't do enough to please - they were superb. They run a couple of guided ski tours for which it's recommended you're confident on reds - I think the first of these was on the Sunday or maybe the Monday. That'd be a good way to find people to ski with. Also in the resort there was a rep from SkiClub (called Hilary) who does a programme of guiding - she was hoping to get a timetable put up in the chalet, but I am pretty sure she has one in the bar opposite "The Underground" and definitely there is one in the entrance to the Lac Blanc Cafe which is between the DMC lift and the Hotel Beau Soleil at the Rond Pointe des Pistes.

The chalet is ski in/out. It's on a ski-able path which goes from the Bergers lift (which comes over from the Bergers area) down to the bottom of the Eclose piste and its lift. In the mornings zip down to the Eclose chair, up that & straight onto the Bergers chair which drops you quite close to both the Alpauris and Marmotte chairs. You can also take the "Lobster pots" - the Telecentre from near to the Eclose chair - these go up to the Rond Pointe des Pistes. You won't find the chalet marked on the maps as they haven't been reprinted since it changed its name from L'Herpie. It's no 24 on this plan just above and left of the yellow box that says "quartier Eclose Est".
Trip report here.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 14-02-10 22:37; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stevew, I have stayed in Skiworld Chalets for 3 out of the last 4 seasons and I would definitely recommend them. I have always found the chalet hosts to be friendly, efficient and helpful. I would be using them again this year, but things didn't pan out quite as expected, but I would definitely consider them again.

We stayed with them in Les Arcs, in a chalet in Arc 2000 called Chalet Vanoise. Great location, not quite ski in ski out but really not very far to get to the slopes and the bowl above Arc 2000 is amazing to ski.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In the end took the "safe" option and booked with Ski Olympic for Meribel, 7th March.

Thanks for the help above.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy