Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grenoble Airport - Helmets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Came back from the three valleys last week end via Grenoble, last season when I went through there were signs everywhere saying no boots or helmets in your hand luggage and it was being enforced.

This time, I didn't see any notices and they let people through with helmets strapped to their day packs, not sure about boots.

The organisation at the airport seems to have improved this year, we were checked in and in the departure lounge in lest than 30 minutes, it was a Sunday with only three flights going around the same time, mind you it was the same number of flights last year and it was chaos.

Went with Silverski, our third time superb as was the snow Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
radar, thanks - useful info as I am going through there for the first time next saturday.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I always carry on my helmet. Never had any problems with that. Always put boots in the hold though.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can anyone confirm Grenoble is still being sensible and allowing helmets in hand baggage?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They let Mr jocrad through with his strapped to his rucksack no problem late January.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ditto a couple of weeks ago, did have a bit of a wait while they decided over the cylinder for my Snowpulse. Monarch told me to put in hand luggage on the way out and check-in on the way back.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They were definitely letting helmets through as hand luggage yesterday in Gre-nobble, didn't see any boot bags being carried on though.

We checked in nice and fast for our Monarch flight yesteday but that was simply down to good luck that our transfer arrived before the ones from other TOs (we left extra early from Val d'Isere in case there were traffic problems due to the rockfall that blocked the road last Friday) Anyway, after we'd checked in, we turned round to face about a million people from other TOs jostling to get to the 3 desks for our flight...(It was a massive plane Smile )
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all, think the boots will fit in the ski bags but helmets in hand luggage is far easier.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy