Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski school recomendations for Saalbach please. (also, private or group?)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. My first question on Snowheads, so hello Very Happy

The gf and I are off to Saalbach in four weeks and the only thing left to book are some lessons. Can anyone recommend a good ski school please?

Also, would people advise a week of group lessons, or a couple of private lessons? Me and the gf are of a similar enough level (well...she's slightly better than me) that having lessons together would be fine. I'm fine on blues and enjoy the odd red so long as I still have the energy. Where as the gf is a little more confident on reds.

We're thinking of going for a couple of private lessons, but would be interested to hear opinions.

Would we learn as much on say two, two or three hour private lessons as a week of group lessons?

Two of the reasons for thinking about a couple of private lessons are that;
a) I've found that come the afternoons after group lessons lessons, when I'm skiing how and where I like, my energy is waning and I can't do the runs as well as I would like.
b) It would be nice not to have to rush out of the guest house early every morning if we didn't feel like it wink

Thanks

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 14-02-10 21:56; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go to Fuerstauer Ski Schule. I could be biased as I do a bit of work there, but frankly I do think it is the best in Saalbach, with some ace instructors. Plenty of fluent English speakers too.

Sounds like privates could be a good idea for you, will leave you plenty of time to go explore the area on your own, which should be fine at your level.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can't remember which one it is, but we have used the one in the main street in saalbach, sort of opposite the Schattberg Express in the main street a few doors up from the Spar. Think its the one Clarky mentions
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep that's the same one.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies. I will be contacting Skischule Fuerstauer about private lessons. They seem to offer just what I was looking for and price seems fine.

Cheers
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
clarky999,
Do Fuerstauer do lessons from 3yo? Our little one is 3 the day we arrive in Saalbach, but is already ripping it up on the local (UK) dry slopes. He'd be a bit p*ss*d off at being restricted to the baby slope - with his big brother we just lied about his age!

As you give your location as Leamington, you don't by any chance work for Lockwoods some of the time?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TBH honest I don't really know, I only work with adults there. The normal age is four years minimum, but if he can ski, and more importantly doesn't mind leaving his parents and won't cry all day, it shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you explain all that!

Unfortunately I don't work at Lockwoods, which is a shame as I live just round the corner and I could have done with staff discount on the amount of kit I've bought form there Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Our little one is 3 the day we arrive in Saalbach - surely he's not 2 at present - if so what a prodigy!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy