Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help needed for 2011 trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know its early but looking to plan for next year, need advice on where,

I am being a rebal for next year and going somewhere other than Andorra of Sierra Nevada Laughing, because I have a girl at school and don't really want to take her out for a week or get bent over at half term with the prices, i have found these two trips.

1. 5 nights 3rd Jan in Chamrouse at the Chamrouse apts s/c 2 Adults 2 Children flights transfers accom incl lift pass £1140

2. 5 nights 3rd Jan in Bride les Bains at the le Grand Chalet Studio s/c 2 Adults 2 x Children flights transfers accom £822

as its my daughters first ski trip not bothered about going for a week so which of the above have people been to and what is the best for a family with a 7 year old and 3 year old.

ta

Jason
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JasonW, I haven't been to either, but from memory, a Snowhead called (I think....) polo99 was booking the Chamrousse option for this HT week - may be worth a PM asking what she thought when she gets back?

Isn't Brides-les-Bain the place with the mammoth gondola ride to the slopes Puzzled 45 minutes or so? Not sure I'd do it for myself, and (personal opinion here - you will know your kids better than I do) I don't think I would have taken the children somewhere with that kind of transport. Would have put mine off, and as you are presumably hoping to get them hooked, may not be ideal. Very Happy

We have just been to St Gervais, which was lovely, a proper town, had (reportedly - we didn't use it) a good ski school, easy gondola up from the village, and there is lots of apartment space very close to the lift station. Could be an option to look at
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JasonW, Voila! Someone else to ask next week! http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=61117
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JasonW, i'd never met Chamrouse before (I have now), but do know a bit about Brides Les Bains.

Brides Les Bains is a pleasant valley town.
But, as Anniepen mentions, to get to the Meribel pistes you have to take a long long gondala up.
See this map: Brides Les Bains is at bottom left.
This is fine if you eat your breakfast on the gondola
But maybe not so good if you have young children - where are they going to be during the day?
It's a long way back to Brides.

Chamrouse, on the other hand, looks lovely.
Piste map.

But you really need to find someone who has actually been there.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anniepen, thanks wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I did Brides on a short break. Walked to the gondola in walking boots and the trip up gave me just enough time to get into my ski boots and ready to go! It's good value for money but I wouldn't recommend it with a 7 and 3 year old. I'd second St Gervais.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy